Hopes for The Muppet Show Season 4

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe the placement of season three so close to season two set saw a drop in sales? The long wait could be an effort to make up for that.

Possibly. But nothing to warrant a 2 year wait. I think whoever said the music rights were dealt with wasn't 100% accurate. Unless they're still working on certain ones. Really, music rights are the WORST. It protects companies from not getting huge payoffs from denture adhesive companies who mangle the lyrics, even against the original family's wishes.

But what if it's an appearance foul up? Don't they have to pay rights to use all the actors? If it's because of the Star Wars episode, I'd be surprised. Lucas, Disney, and Henson share a good relationship...otherwise we would have never seen the Star Wars muppet set.

Reaction score
yep. it's music right bs that is why we still dont have the state on dvd. i think this is particularly stupid though, because if anyone could make this happen, it's disney.

Monster

Reaction score
Hi! I know I am late in adding my 2 cents to this thread but I do hope for Gonzo on the cover of season 4- but what I am really hoping for is the release of "Of Muppets And Men"- the video documentary version of the book. It is a must for every Muppet fan. I have a DVD copy as a special gift but I certainly would love to have it as part of the collection.

Do any of you rememebr the Time-Life Video releases of the Muppet Show? They released 15 DVDs with 3 episodes each all introduced by Brian Henson. Although they were incomplete they are still great to have and I see the everywhere at a discount. They may be available on Amazon- not sure. I have them all. My favorite is the one featuring Peter Sellers, John Cleese and Dudley Moore all on one disk!

I have the Kermit replica and I am waiting for Fozzie Bear. I trust that they will work out the flocking issue when they release Miss Piggy. The Gonzo foam beak solution didn't work in my opinion on his replica but I know it is not easy to replicate foam rubber that will look right. The real stuff deteriorates so quickly.

David French

Reaction score
rizzo wasn't on the muppet show. not like the rizzo that we're all familiar with now. there were some rats, but i'm not sure if rizzo was one of them. i think he got his name in MTM
Incorrect; Rizzo the Rat was first named in the fourth season of TMS though my memory is that initially they used a generic rat puppet and the Rizzo puppet that they use today was first introduced in the fifth season.

muppets2

Reaction score
I think rowlf should be on the cover of season 5 because he did way more than animal on the show sam the eagle would look cool too:sympathy::attitude:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I think rowlf should be on the cover of season 5 because he did way more than animal on the show sam the eagle would look cool too:sympathy::attitude:
I agree, but Animal is considered more all around popular, so he'll probably get the spot before Rowlf or Sam. Animal appeals to to causal fans more than Rowlf does, which is what the Muppet Holding Company will be aiming for just as much as the more hardcore fans.

Don't get me wrong though, on a personal note, I'm a way bigger fan of Rowlf the dog than Animal.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
i've got a feeling that season 4 will have animal on the cover, everyone loves animal, and i don't have anything against him [PEACE ON EARTH GIMME PRESENTS!] but i mean, he's really not a main muppet when you think about it, actually, i think you see flyod more than animal. gonzo should be on one of the boxes and i say Scooter for season 5, since he was the gofer and all, but that's kinda biast since i'm a scooter fan first and foremost.

but it'll most likely be animal and, i don't know, rowlf cuz he's easy. but it should be gonzo and scooter :wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Nah, season four no doubt will have Gonzo on the cover. He's consider one the the main four (along with Kermit, Fozzie and Piggy) and is arguebly one of the most popular of all the Muppets.

I'm thinking season 5 will either have Animal or a group picture. I would hope for the latter, since it's the last season, they should celebrate with all the Muppets.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
that's sounds fine by me, gonzo should, heck, he deserves to be on the cover of season 4, he's one of the greatest, henc his name 'the great gonzo' :concern: who couldn't love him :wink: [gonzo, i mean]

MuppetAnimal

Reaction score
I believe and hope that Gonzo will be on Season 4 cover and Animal on Season 5 cover. This will coincide with the order of Muppet 'Fab 5' - Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal on DVD covers 1-5. Even so I think that Scooter, Rowlf, Statler and Waldorf talk and appear more on each Muppet Show episode than Animal.