Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telly

Reaction score
I wish they had a rotating view. I wanna know what some of them look like from the side :frown:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
This is very cool but like others have said I sure hope they add more options, I don't care for any of the hair options and they should have differnt sized eyes! :smile:
The eyes make the Muppet for sure!
It's a bit of a shock to see Kermit but it's very nice also :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yaaaaaaay!

I am pleased. Very pleased. :flirt:

I don't see as much of an issue in the variety of features as some others have stated, however I would have liked to see more variations in placement of them. I am getting one of these, but the blonde wispy hair option isn't stocked at the moment.

I also have questions about this other $130 "gift set" option. From the wording it could be anything from getting a body (or bodies), eyes and different pieces for custom assembly with the option of sending it back for a professional construction - to - paper templates that can be used for a more specific design. I don't know why this one would cost $40 more. I'd like to hear more clarity in this. I have already picked out my puppet. I just hope to get the feathered hair option. :smile:

Timhodge

Reaction score
Oh wow, I'd kind of pessimistically assumed they wouldn't ship outside the US... but they do! :excited:

I agree that the limited options are a little disappointing, but still -- what a thing to have! This is a great day for Muppet fans.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Apparently the $90 deal is the good one. The $130 gift deal is a little wonky. I think it's just a folder/book of vinyl stickers to do the same thing online only it's called a "gift kit" and you have to mail it in. $90 is such a bargain that I think it's probably best to stick with that for my dollar.

Here's the one I want once they have the blonde boa hair back in. He's Toadie the Electric Mayhem roadie! :cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Love love love! Apparently they have had such a demand already that they have had to temporarly stop online orders!

Luke

Reaction score
I think you will be able to buy individual parts in the stores, but not online. Like Build A Bear Factory. I can definitely see them expanding it with a lot more options once they know the sales are good.

From what i've heard its interchangeable clothes, but glued on features.

Is Kermit gonna be there on the launch day? I would have guessed so being an FAO thing. Also any idea on the height/size of these?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe how fast this thing caught on! People really love the Muppets!

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Hopefully this will show Disney how much people really want to support the Muppets- enough to shut a day-old website down :crazy: ! I'm just glad I bought mine yesterday...

Thanks Luke for the information about what can and can't be removed on the puppet- that kinda stinks, but I can understand it since its 'focus' is for the kids.

Quick question, did anybody get their order confirmation e-mail yet? I got mine and it said the puppet would be delivered by November 1. I wasn't sure if that was a miss-print or if early orders wouldn't have to ait the 3-4 weeks like the advertisement said.

HerryGrail

Reaction score
These look almost too good to be true! I am just learning about them, and have done some quick research including looking through the threads. I have a few questions I wonder if anyone can speak to, and please forgive me if I missed the answers elsewhere:

1. If you go into the store in November and pick out what you want, can you take the Muppet home with you like at Build-A-Bear? (The lag time on delivery for remote orders makes it seem like there's a need for some off-site factory to put these together.)
2. If you CAN take them home, how are the features attached? It would be great if they were Velcroed like the old Anything Muppet, but I've read here that we think they will be sewn.
3. If the features are sewn on or otherwise permanently attached, will they place them exactly as you have specified if you're ordering online or by mail?

There are several Mr. Potato Head "stations" around Disney World where you can buy a head and stuff it with as many of the interchangeable parts as you can for a single price. They also use the concept for princess tiaras, light sabers, and other customizable souvenirs. (It's more of a Do-It-Yourself program than this sounds like.) It would be really awesome if these puppets had interchangeable features like that, and if that's not the concept at FAO, I wonder how many fans will go in and buy a plain body and try to buy multiple features and parts to take home and retrofit with Velcro or something that will work like that on the foam. Or, if they can't buy multiple, then get one each of the hard-to-make things like eyes and noses and come up with their own range of interchangeable other features. I can't wait to learn more about the logistics and methodologies...it's too bad the site is down so we can't even play at it while we wait to be able to order.

Status
Not open for further replies.