Does Floyd Pepper have eyes or sunglasses?

indigo

Reaction score
Floyd's eyes, are they his eyes or are they sunglasses.
I'm working on carving the Electric Mayhem Band into jack'o lanterns this year.

Any help or theory on this?

Need to know ASAP

THANKS!
:sing:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I would say the earlier versions of the puppet had sunglasses. Later on, like in the movies, they sort of still looked like sunglasses but could move and show emotions like real eyes. So I think it was meant to be more surreal, like how Scooter's eyes are in his glasses and Bunsen has no eyes at all.

indigo

Reaction score
thanks!

Thanks for the help.
Is there a way to (when they're completed) to add my pumpkins to the website or what have you?
I'd like to share.

Floyd's proving to be quite a bit more challenging...
I've moved on to Janice...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I kinda liked his Sunglasses in the first season. They were really cool lookin. I enjoyed when the light would go across them and it showed some type of pyshadelic designs. Really cool but also liked when he could open and close his eyes. Really cool dude that Flyod.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I kinda liked his Sunglasses in the first season. They were really cool lookin. I enjoyed when the light would go across them and it showed some type of pyshadelic designs. Really cool but also liked when he could open and close his eyes. Really cool dude that Flyod.
At The Paley Center for Media I watched an interview with some of the Henson crew from the early '90s. Michael Frith talks a bit about Floyd, "His eyes were original lenticular, which just means they became spirals when he looked into the camera. They don't do that anymore, but it's alright, it just means he stopped taking whatever he was taking!" Lol :sing:

I do also like the later version, where he could show passion in the eyes with "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" and saddness in Muppets Take Manhattan.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I always thought his eyes were weird because even though they looked like glasses they could get smaller like eyes ...I dunno, I can even understand Scooter's or no eyes with glasses more...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm just glad they didn't try to give him "proper" eyes like with Clifford, because I much preferred Clifford with the shades. :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.
Is there a way to (when they're completed) to add my pumpkins to the website or what have you?
I'd like to share.

Floyd's proving to be quite a bit more challenging...
I've moved on to Janice...

You could take pictures of them and put them up on the website.

Davina

Reaction score
well, actually, you'd take pictures, post them to photbucket or something, then post the links over here...