Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Davina

Reaction score
sounds like HIT didn't plan the packaging very well (on top of everything else...)

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people are complaining about loose and scratched discs, that I've noticed.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It seems like the single sets were better made *hides* :frown:

jadekitten

Reaction score
they were, the new set is made like a 3 ring binder with just lil slits for each disc, like those folders from elementary school, the single sets have those hard plastic rings in the center to keep the discs in

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Whole Set In One Place...but something

Okay, well...I waited a week and then broke down and got this set. My opinions:

Packaging: Love the binder! Discs came loose, but play fine. I think they could have done a better job with the graphic art inside. We know there are a gazillion more hi-res Fraggle pictures that could have been used so I feel kind of robbed about that. Also the weird red airbrushing on the Junior Gorg image is poorly done. It seems this layout artist believes that purchasing Adobe Suite makes an artist. It's okay, but amateurish. The outside logo sculpture is cool and so is the magnetic clasp. The clear plastic shell that has the characters printed on it and the cardboard box backing both seem a little excessive and disjointed. The color coated discs are a nice touch that could still use a bit of character graphics. That's where we could use more of a Fraggley touch. 4/5 Wembleys for the inconsistent but noble attempt. :coy:

Extras: Watching Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl and the fabulous Ms. Karen Prell toast the Fraggles at their internal crew gathering made me tear up. It is abbreviated and most of the other special features are things we have seen before. I would have liked to see the proposed Red short, some new arrangements and some animated episodes included. The poster is cool, but nothing new. I will likely have it pressed and framed. I always enjoyed that drawing. Still, I wanted a little more from this set. 4/5 good intentioned and enthusiastic Reds for the extras. :excited:

The Shows: Aww...come on. You know the shows get 5/5 traveling Gobos for all the themes and caves explored in these 4 seasons of Fraggle Rock. :smirk:

Worth: Well, this series set is worth what a fan thinks it is worth. It is certainly interesting and creatively done. It has all of the episodes. That's good. You might want to wait for the price to come down or for some holiday cash, gift certificates or actually confirming this on your Christmas list. Fraggles in any form are worth it. I still think a season 4 set is coming and it will likely have the same material. I do, however, prefer the binder. 3/5 wistful Mokeys for worth.

Fan Treatment: Hit receives a very low score in my book for fan treatment in stringing along the longtime supporters only to hose them in the end with the absence of a single season 4 choice. I am becoming more irritated by that company with each release. They started off so thoughtful, but have ended up rewarding those who haven’t supported the Fraggle DVDs with a bargain while leaving us with the bill. Tacky! They get 1/5 gloomy Boobers for treating us so rudely. Do they “owe” the fans anything? No. But this is a terrible business practice that can only tarnish their reputation.

3/5 overall score

vaati64

Reaction score
hi this is my first time here, i just got this set from dvdempire.com and every disc in the bottom slot on each page had come out and was very scratched. I'm going to return it, but since the discs are packaged by HIT what can the shipper really do?

This is the exact problem that I had. I didn't buy mine off line though. I got it at my local bestbuy for about $98 when tax came in. Luckily, we were able to open up the other two sets on the shelf and take a semi fine set and make one pretty good set. The other problem I've noticed is that as you slide the discs out of their pocket/sleeve, the discs start to scratch. I can only hope that HIT does something about this.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, Frogboy.

I'll get the full seasons set, but it's going to be down the road a pace or two before I get it. It seems like a really nice box, with the logo and all that.

Did they ever mention why they cut down the extra features? Why the wrap party was edited down? I don't know why they didn't leave it intact?

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Fan Treatment: Hit receives a very low score in my book for fan treatment in stringing along the longtime supporters only to hose them in the end with the absence of a single season 4 choice. I am becoming more irritated by that company with each release. They started off so thoughtful, but have ended up rewarding those who haven’t supported the Fraggle DVDs with a bargain while leaving us with the bill. Tacky! They get 1/5 gloomy Boobers for treating us so rudely. Do they “owe” the fans anything? No. But this is a terrible business practice that can only tarnish their reputation.
Your whole entry made perfect sense, but that last section hit closest to home, and I agree with it totally.
It just isn't fair. :frown:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Did they ever mention why they cut down the extra features? Why the wrap party was edited down? I don't know why they didn't leave it intact?
I think we've known it would only be "excerpts" from the wrap party. I'm sure the entire event was quite lengthy.