Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

vaati64

Reaction score
Now I'm even more upset. How many new ways are they going to release the same material? :mad:

yeah, I know what you mean! They had better be giving us fans who already bought it the chance to send back the current set, and get the new set for free, kinda like a straight exchange, or something!

vaati64

Reaction score
I'm in contact with an actual person over at lionsgate via email right now. I'll let you guys know what the results are. Right now, it looks like we may be able to get discs replaced that have been scratched, but don't quote me on that.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Has anyone had any playing problems with the disks that are scratched? Just curious because I put this on my Christmas list and after hearing what people are saying, I'm starting to fret that mine won't be able to play on my DVD player.

I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't had any playback problems at all. For me the worst damaged disc was the special features from Season 4 and it played perfectly. Most the scratches were very small surface scuffs really, which a DVD is designed to be able to still work with (if you didn't know, the actual info is a layer below the label, so it's actually much more important to not damage the label side). Still, it shouldn't have ever been an issue. I'm happy with the set, but it definately needed some better packaging where discs are concerned.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
yeah, I know what you mean! They had better be giving us fans who already bought it the chance to send back the current set, and get the new set for free, kinda like a straight exchange, or something!

I'd say to anyone who did buy the set to make sure you keep your reciept. When FOX released Season 6 of the Simpsons, it came in a gawd awful flimsy packaging. The manufacturer got so many complaints (though in the testing, pre-release phase in this case) that they actually offered a replacement box that matched the other seasons. You had to pay shipping (which sucked, but is to be expected), but the actual box was free. Perhaps with the Fraggle set they may do something along that lines. Offer something like replacement pages to slip in the binder you already have that are better suited to holding the discs. So, just hold on to those reciepts.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'd say to anyone who did buy the set to make sure you keep your reciept. When FOX released Season 6 of the Simpsons, it came in a gawd awful flimsy packaging. The manufacturer got so many complaints (though in the testing, pre-release phase in this case) that they actually offered a replacement box that matched the other seasons. You had to pay shipping (which sucked, but is to be expected), but the actual box was free. Perhaps with the Fraggle set they may do something along that lines. Offer something like replacement pages to slip in the binder you already have that are better suited to holding the discs. So, just hold on to those reciepts.
But since the discs are already scratched just offering a new box would not fix anything :stick_out_tongue:

Quazimoto

Reaction score
But since the discs are already scratched just offering a new box would not fix anything :stick_out_tongue:

Yes, I know... I was saying for future disc protection. I'm assuming like most every company, they will either replace scratched discs or the retailer where one bought the set sill replace them (not that one should have to replace the discs to begin with).

Gold Demona

Reaction score
I find it funny that first they kick us in the nards by releasing the full-series set and not Season 4, and then as if to add insult to injury, anyone who actually bought the full series set got scratched up discs in a crappy packaging.

As if to say "HAHA! I spit in your face some more!"

Funny ironic, not funny haha.

zns

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't had any playback problems at all. For me the worst damaged disc was the special features from Season 4 and it played perfectly. Most the scratches were very small surface scuffs really, which a DVD is designed to be able to still work with (if you didn't know, the actual info is a layer below the label, so it's actually much more important to not damage the label side). Still, it shouldn't have ever been an issue. I'm happy with the set, but it definately needed some better packaging where discs are concerned.
Wheeeeeewwww...... That's a relief.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well a disk can be scratched a lot and still play fine; it's hard to tell until you play it. Of course they still shouldn't be so scratched.