Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

rexcrk

Reaction score
I got the complete series for my birthday today! It's really cool, I like the package and everything. I do think it's a shame that they screwed everyone over who supported them by buying seasons 1-3 (while people like me who only just got season 1 the Christmas of '07 >_> don't have to feel that bad feeling of HAVING to double-dip and re-buy the first 3 seasons.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I got the Complete Series a couple of days ago. I've only been watching Season 4, but there are two glitchy episodes so far, which makes me think I might want to run through the whole thing. Every bottom disc was out of the sleeve ... not slipped out ... they weren't anywhere close to being in their respective jackets.

Neil565

Reaction score
Wow....What crappy packaging...

I finally decided to order it since it only cost about 55$'s now on Amazon and I could use my Amazon Prime to save on shipping costs. It was sitting on my desk at work this morning.

The outside of the box is about the only thing that looks great on this set. INSIDE, however, is a different story. The packaging of the discs is set up like an old school binder, with page 'sleeves' for the discs to sit in. However, the sleeves are so tiny there is nothing to secure the discs in with. When I opened the package, at least one was already loose, seemingly not even put inside the little slip that is on the sleeve itself.

I will say this, though. If they had found a better way to case the discs, though, the package art would be considered beautiful.

And LionsGate, let me say this. If I did not find out that your license to print Fraggle Rock DVD's would soon expire, and another company picking this up soon might not happen for a long while, I would NOT have bought this complete series set.

As it was, Season 1-3 had un-playable discs in my collection. Most would freeze about a 1/3rd of a way through the episode, if they even got that far. I'm hoping that's not the case with these discs. If not, all I Have to do is throw the Complete series box and replace the older discs....so it's not a total loss of a buy.

Mistershow

Reaction score
Wow....What crappy packaging...

I finally decided to order it since it only cost about 55$'s now on Amazon and I could use my Amazon Prime to save on shipping costs. It was sitting on my desk at work this morning.
When did you order yours Neil565? I ordered mine with 2 day shipping Amazon Prime on the 13th, and it still hasn't shipped for me...:sympathy:

On my account page it says it will ship by the 25th! that's a week of processing!

Anyone know if it's just out of stock or something?

Neil565

Reaction score
Heya

It shipped on the 16th and got here today, and if memory serves, I ordered it on Friday. Maybe shipping it on day gets the order quick processed?

But I still cannot believe that every bottom disc was out of it's sleeve when I got it.
LionsGate = worst DVD company ever.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That's what happened to me. Like they didn't even bother putting the bottom ones in the sleeves.

Neil565

Reaction score
You know, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. It didn't look like it was even put in the sleeve at all, but if it's all done by machine, that's a pretty weird factor defect.

Andibcool

Reaction score
My imported US box came a few days ago.
The box itself is really nice made with the Logo stand and all.

The bad is indeed the holding for the DVDs simple Paper, that will ruin the DVDs over time.
my set did arrive with 2 dvds out there sleeves with some scatches, not to bad for the lonf way to germany.
However the Box when its standing how it meant to be will be on the side where even more DVDs could fall out.
To avoid it you cant place the box nicely with the logo witch is a shame.

For picture quality i only managed to see 2 episodes of season 1 so far and was a bit dissapointed.
Its hard to explain because english is not my native language so i dont find the excact right words for that. Lets say its kinda blurry and has some minor problems on some spots.
Then again some spots are fine.
If i looking to the german release ( only the 1st 12 episodes so far ) the picture quality is really better on the same episodes there.
However booths serries are different because of a different actor and different Traveling Matt worlds. By the way for germany they took south germany the state of Bayern that is very unlike how germany is. Wells its only down there that way.

In the end i got the whole 4 seasons with 20 DVDs for a really cheap price ( even if i had to pay more shipping and import tax ) with an awesome looking box with a few flaws.
For the same money i would only get season 1 here in germany, so im kinda happy with the US box.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hi i got my box set, today from amazon.com at the sale price of 58 dollars . The packageing was very cute , i like since it was in a alblum type seting that the fraggle rock with the rock like where they live if that makes sense LOL .

the pictures in the packaging is very cute with all pictures .

One thing that i do not like that i know as been epressed , is how the DVDs are put into slits and then how they would fall out of from there slitis in shipping that happened to me but thank goodness on the two discs where not scrched .

I know that they could scrach over time , in the slits and that is a shame .

I am just glad to be able to have season 4 , and haveing the entre series at such a good price was why i went ahead and ordered it last saterday.

I do really love the pictures inside the discs on the folders and then the way the front looks with the rock kind of front and then see fraggle rock name .

I have only seen so far of the frist season 2 and a half of the discs sense i only recived it at noon today i can not wait to watch the rest over the next two days yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :excited::excited:

I love this show sooooo much anyway i am just glad to have all 4
seasons in a complte DVD sets at all .

All in all even thoguh there are only 2 points about it that i wish was different i am glad to have this set .

The box that the big DVD binder is in is very cute even though not that sturdy the Plastic cover with the Fraggles so when it is over with the binder in the box it looks like the fraggles are on the rock that is cute .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Glad you got it in good condition, Muppetbaby, hope you enjoy the 4th season!

None of my disks were out of the case, but I still don't really understand the logic behind the binder packaging. I mean, why would someone want to remove one of the pages? ::shrugs::