Comics?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I can't stand Richie Rich! Reading is comics is disgusting... No thank you... :stick_out_tongue: I never thought I would say this. but I hate him for his richness. :halo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate him for his blandness. I still believe what they said about him on the Simpsons... him actually being Casper the Ghost, after taking his own life realizing that his wealth gave him a shallow life.

Of course, everyone in those comics had that upsidedown U shaped nose. Personally, I like the art style of Archie comics better.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I hate him for his blandness. I still believe what they said about him on the Simpsons... him actually being Casper the Ghost, after taking his own life realizing that his wealth gave him a shallow life.

Of course, everyone in those comics had that upsidedown U shaped nose. Personally, I like the art style of Archie comics better.
Oh yeah I remember that, it made sense to me too, :smile:.

Man I remember one time I was such a geek that I use to want to own the world's biggest comic book collection. Like a collection Taz had in Taz-Mania, if anyone remembers.

Oldiesmann

Reaction score
In terms of comic books, I pretty much just read Archie comics these days, but when I was a kid I also liked Disney and Harvey comics.

As far as comic strips in the paper go - my favorite right now is Pearls Before Swine, but I also love Zits, Get Fuzzy, Dilbert, Dinette Set and numerous others.

Kiki

Reaction score
I can't stand Richie Rich! Reading is comics is disgusting... No thank you... :stick_out_tongue: I never thought I would say this. but I hate him for his richness. :halo:
I know! I mean, I like the comics, but he's such an annoying little rich kid. Like, a swimming pool full of money and a dog called Dollar? Not alarmingly subtle about his wealth, no? :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score

I love the style too, it has a very nostelgic feel to it (which figures) and it's amazing that they're still making Archie comics today, after all these years (I mentioned this the other day, but I saw a comic called The Punished Meets Archie!).

LOL! I remember that on The Simpsons! Hahaha, funny, but also a bit truthful, perhapes. I have a Richie Rich comic where he meets Casper, and they have the exact same face and everything, it's just weird (and about the upside-down noses, I can't talk because I usually draw noses like that, too. Not that realistic I know, but they suit my style of drawings).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
On the comic strip side of things, I enjoy Dilbert, Garfield, and Peanuts. Zits is pretty great too and Baby blues.

Maybe my all time favorite could be Calvin and Hobbes.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, that is exactly why annoys me abut him, heh! He's so I you're face abut just how rich he is, all the time. The writers might think that's funny, but well... not I...:stick_out_tongue:

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah, that is exactly why annoys me abut him, heh! He's so I you're face abut just how rich he is, all the time. The writers might think that's funny, but well... not I...:stick_out_tongue:
Yeah, I understand that. I love Harvey comics, because they're sweet and wholesome (and yet this is coming from someone who like Robert Crumb art...), but the character Richie himself. He doesn't seem that snobbish but he's just so in-your-face. I like Cadbury he's butler, because he's a little more down to earth and not big-headed. Althugh I have to admit, in the movie, the bit where he has the McDonalds in his house is pretty darn cool. But once again, he's such a show off!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I never read any Richie-Rich comics and never plan too, he just never interested me as a character, which is what I guess you guys are saying for the most part, :smile:.

I don't dig Casper too much either, though I thought the movie was kind of cool, which is more than I can say for the Richie-Rich movie.