The only downside to watching the last episodes of FR...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Is that everything else on tv is so depressing in comparison :sympathy:. After I watched the last two episodes last night I just had to switch the tv off...
We may not ever leave the magic, but more people need to be touched by it lately to remember that IMHO:frown:.

I hope the future of Fraggle Rock will do that as much as the past still does to this day :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean! I have the same feeling sometimes watching the Muppets, period. Sort of reminds me of the last lines of the musical Camelot, when King Arthur mourns the end of his dream but encourages a youth to keep it alive:

"Ask every person if he's heard the story, and tell it strong and clear if he has not, that once there was a fleeting wisp of glory, called Camelot....Let it never be forgot that once there was a spot...forone brief shining moment...that was known as Camelot."

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Is that everything else on tv is so depressing in comparison :sympathy:. After I watched the last two episodes last night I just had to switch the tv off...
We may not ever leave the magic, but more people need to be touched by it lately to remember that IMHO:frown:.

I hope the future of Fraggle Rock will do that as much as the past still does to this day :excited:

My sentiments exactly. I always get a bit sad when watching the final episodes. They're so masterfully done, far and above almost anything Televison has ever seen.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I agree. The word masterpiece is often overused, but I feel as though the entire series, but those final episodes in particular are an an underrated masterpiece in family friendly entertainment. It's a sort of universal philosophy that I can only wish I can live up to and support in my own creations.

Those last episodes have a message that I will forever cherish. There is magic in the world and everything is magic if you see it that way. I think that if mankind would finally open their eyes and see this, the world would be better off.

I am grateful that the series was able to end in such a magnificent way as opposed to just ending abruptly after being canceled as many shows of today do.

getup

Reaction score
I would rank it up among the best finales ever on tv. i always loved how the show evolved and how the fraggles relationship with everyone else had evolved as well. and i really loved the way it ended with everyone singing the theme song

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I agree. The word masterpiece is often overused, but I feel as though the entire series, but those final episodes in particular are an an underrated masterpiece in family friendly entertainment. It's a sort of universal philosophy that I can only wish I can live up to and support in my own creations.

Those last episodes have a message that I will forever cherish. There is magic in the world and everything is magic if you see it that way. I think that if mankind would finally open their eyes and see this, the world would be better off.

I am grateful that the series was able to end in such a magnificent way as opposed to just ending abruptly after being canceled as many shows of today do.
Absolutely. I actually credit Fraggle Rock for a lot of what makes me who I am today. I grew up loving the show and love it even more as the years go on. I know it might sound corny to a lot of silly creatures, but the Fraggles and their universe taught me a great deal about how the world should be and could be if only said silly creatures would open their eyes and ears to it.

As great as the entire Muppet world is, was, and always will be, in my opinion, Fraggle Rock is the crown jewel of it all and as you said, a true masterpiece of cinematic excellence.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Any last episode of anything makes me depressed. Heck, I taped the last Ultimate Muscle, and I didn't get around to watching it a second time 2 years later. Even the "Star Warners" episode of Animaniacs (though, it apparently counts as a Pinky and the Brain episode) makes me feel low. It was like an end of the Amblin/Warners era.

But this one is one I'm not really looking forward to watching, ONLY because of the depressing stuff. I can't even watch the Jim Henson Tribute the full way through. I'm not good with beautiful tearfilled goodbyes. I can hardly keep a straight face when I'm watching a goofy, lighthearted, "This is the End!"

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think it is one of those things that is so timeless that the idea that it could end, even if the ending is perfect, is very hard to..feel:cry:.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I feel the exact same way about being able to attribute many things about my personality to Fraggle Rock. Also about it being the "crown jewl" of the muppets. I only have a few scattered muppet memories from my childhood, for some reason that I still can't fathum, I wasn't a fan of Sesame Street when I was little, and as I just said to someone yesterday, Fraggle Rock was practically my life growing up! As such, it has a special place in my heart.
As for watching the final episode, I partly want to see it of course, and partly don't want to. I'm certainly going to make the viewing of it special though, and not just a quick, spur-of-the-moment thing.
"You can not leave the magic."
"Everything's magic, if you see it that way."
:smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As for watching the final episode, I partly want to see it of course, and partly don't want to. I'm certainly going to make the viewing of it special though, and not just a quick, spur-of-the-moment thing.
"You can not leave the magic."
"Everything's magic, if you see it that way."
:smirk:
That's a good idea, making a special event of it. :excited:

I actually saw the very last episode years ago, I remember the new place Doc moved to in the desert with the big window. I stayed at a similar looking hotel around the same time and that's always connected to my memory of Fraggle Rock somehow, lol.