Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero (aka Battle of the Bands)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, but its only GH:WT that will work with rock band instruments. I dont know what version. I also dont know how someone would go about the drums though, since the GH drums are 3 pads and 2 cymbols and a footpedal, while RB is 4 pads and a foot pedal.

I personally like Guitar Hero better. Better songs in my opinion, the guitar itself is much better than rock bands. I hated the feel of rock bands strum bar. It was so unresponsive at times. (PS2 version of Rock Band sucks. They took everything good out of it, like customizing things, and because of my horrid experience with it, I now hate rock band)

But I have heard that GH's drums are defective and dont work very good.

And World Tour has Ozzy Osbourne as a playable character! WEEEE! :flirt:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
and world tour has TWO Ozzy songs, and no songs in World Tour are covers

Man...I cant wait till christmas to get it :big_grin:

hoopless

Reaction score
i'm going for guitar hero mainly because the drum layout seems more realistic so it will hopefully be more logical/natural to play on. i heard that you can get an add-on for the rock band drums to have cymbals but i'd rather not pay extra, and to further help me make my decision i read that both xbox and ps3 have confirmed that all the peripherals from rock band and guitar hero are cross-compatible so just pick the set you like the look of most and then by the game with the songs you like most. rock band is getting the ac/dc song pack though so i'll have to get that.