SST's 39th Birthday!

zns

Reaction score
Very well done video Oscarfan. It's not that hard to believe that the show has been on the air that long, mainly because everything that it does works for kids as well as adults. :wisdom: God bless those people at Sesame Workshop. May what they do continue to grow on for generations to come in the next few years.

P.S.
Next year will be the big 40. :super:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I know, can you believe it'll soon be 40 years? I remember when I was 10 or 11 years old, watching the special 20th anniversary Sesame show, and seeing Bob tell the gang, "Well, I'm up for another 20 if you are." Guess he wasn't bluffing!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday, Sesame Street!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved it Shane. I wished i could make stuff like that for youtube. I know i'm trying to start up something here in the future but not like this but still can't believe that Sesame Street is 39 years of age. I'm going to go watch the first episode for it's celebrating from me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SESAME STREET! :wisdom::super::grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I said what I said on the comment I left on the video...

39 years... and all things considered, Elmo's World and whatnot, it is still a great show. And not just in terms of the show itself... look at all the things they accomplished. All those different international versions and that legacy of everyone that's ever worked on it. There has never been a kid;'s show that held this standing, and I doubt there ever will be. I think it stands the test of time, and deserves to be in the same company as the classics, Mr. Rogers, Mickey Mouse Club, and Howdy Doody. And at the same time, it's still around, and it shows no signs of ending any time soon.

That's an accomplishment in and of itself. Did they figure it old last, what, 5 years at best? And here it is, almost 40 years later.... History was made on that day...

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's funny to think it has been around fourteen more years than I have been alive :confused:
SS is a little like the world to me, it feels like it has always been, and will always be :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! Didn't realize until a second again that the show is 39 years old today! And how fitting is it that the showed the season premier today, too! What a ride this show has had and continues to have!

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
I realised that today was Sesame Street's 39th birthday when I looked at the calendar in the morning.

Happy 39th Birthday, Sesame Street!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks for the memories! (Even the scary ones, hehe). :insatiable:

In fact,especially the scary ones, for teaching us to still enjoy the things we like, despite our fears. :wisdom: