Looking for Christmas Eve on Sesame Street

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I just checked Canada's Amazon, and it's available there from private sellers.

superboober

Reaction score
Are there Rite Aids in Canada? The one in my town was selling it as of yesterday. I've also seen in it K-Mart sometimes, so keep your eyes open in the smaller stores.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I actually just saw the DVD at my local Walgreen's this weekend, so it's definitely out there and available!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know.. I'm surprised Genius didn't re release it yet... these are still the Sony released ones, right? I thought that they were all pulled, except for certain clearance centers. I guess what happened to Sony's SS DVD's are completely different than what happened to the CD's.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know...I just thought of something...Big Bird is trying to find out how Santa Claus gets down the chimeny, right? Why didn't he just ask Cookie Monster, who somehow seemed to obtain Kris Kringle's phone number? :insatiable::wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know...I just thought of something...Big Bird is trying to find out how Santa Claus gets down the chimeny, right? Why didn't he just ask Cookie Monster, who somehow seemed to obtain Kris Kringle's phone number? :insatiable::wisdom:

Clearly, Santa was hiding in the gaping hole in the plot! :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Clearly, Santa was hiding in the gaping hole in the plot! :wink:
Yup, this Christmas special is brought to you by the letter G...for gaping plot hole. And the letters S and N...for super nitpick. :wink: Hehe

ISNorden

Reaction score
Clearly, Santa was hiding in the gaping hole in the plot!

The hole also concealed Ma Bell's formula for phone plastic which survives a monster's stomach, and which protects the receiver well enough to let everything function. :zany: Seriously, though, I think that although the writers and producers had a lot of great subplots (Big Bird's curiosity, Bert and Ernie's "Gift of the Magi" moment, Cookie Monster's hunger getting in the way of his plans to contact Santa)...they were trying to cram too many ideas into a single show. CTW might not have been able to afford producing more than one holiday special per year, but they probably could have kept better track of continuity if they'd stuck with one main plot and one or two subplots. The rest still would have made memorable Christmas specials for the next year or two... :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. There is a Genuis entertainment re-release of "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" I found it yesterday at a Walgreens. Not really the prettiest cover out there.

All I can say is, where the heck are you that you can't find it? :zany: I've mostly seen it in drug stores, to be honest.