HELP! building alert!

biblebetty

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Christmas time is here and I have 5 shows. (someone save me!) Ok here is the problem, I have a snail I'm building, I have a nice pattern for the snail body but I don't know how to tackle the shell. I need a suggestion on the kind of shell I should build, I tried to make a pattern but it's not working out well. I'd like to make a molded shell but I don't know where to start or should I go with foam. What to do, what to do. Any suggestions?

propologist

Reaction score
Hi,
Carve it out of styrafoam and cover it in vinyl or "sculpt or coat".
You could also sew a long tube of fabric with a little filler in it and just roll it up.

hope this helps,

Mike

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
You might try using the tough vinyl/faux leather fabric used for making cheap tablecloths. It comes in a few different colors at JoAnn's. I've used it for a lobster's shell before and I liked the results.

wes

Reaction score
Paper mache'

take a balloon and cover it with glue covered strips of paper and when it dries paint and cover with the plaster coat mentioned above!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i suggest Magic Mold for your shell. It'll be easy to mold it into how you want.

Its sold at craft stores and even walmart. I dunno how much you'd need... but it shouldn't be too heavey... or i dont think. I've used it before in small designs and they're almost weightless.