Houston Henson screenings December 5-7 with Karen Prell

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The “Muppets, Music and Magic: Jim Henson’s Legacy” screening series will have several theatrical and exclusive screenings this upcoming weekend in Houston.

The event will be at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, Texas this Friday, Saturday and Sunday December 5-7. Some of the screenings are free, others require admission.

Muppeteer Karen Prell is scheduled to introduce several of the events on Saturday night and Sunday. She will also give an "invisible" puppet demo and audience Q&A.

The highlights include:

Friday December 5
  • 7:00 PM – Labyrinth (admission charged)
Saturday December 6

• 2 PM - The Muppet Movie (admission charged)
  • 7:30 PM – Labyrinth; Introduced by Karen Prell (admission charged)
Sunday December 7

• 12:30 PM - Fraggle Rock, Song of the Cloud Forest and Muppet PSAs; Introduced by Karen Prell (free)
  • 3:30 PM - Muppet Fairytales including Tales of Tinkerdee, Sesame Street Rapunzel, The Elves and the Shoemaker and The Frog Prince; Introduced by Karen Prell (free)
This event is all part of the "Muppets, Music and Magic: Jim Henson's Legacy" organized by The Jim Henson Legacy and The Brooklyn Academy of Music.

Additional info and on-line ticket purchases are available on the Houston Museum of Fine Arts web site.

December 5-7
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
1001 Bissonet Street
Houston, TX 77005

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Too bad I don't live in America. It sounds like it would have been fun!

rtgentry

Reaction score
Phil, is there a HENSON schedule that lists these appearances and events so we can get the info sooner? I would like to see if there are other texas appearances and when they are.

Thanks
Randy

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Randy, we're not aware of any other Texas events at this time. Like you, we wish there were more of them. It would be great to see The Muppet Movie on the big screen again.

Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this. I was so close to this, but college and not being able to drive is a drag