What I would like to see.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know what I would like to see? I really wish that The Henson company would make a documentary about their creature shop I would love to see on about how it all got started and their masaive body work and how they do all of their affects and what they are working on in the future. I know there is a book, But maybe they could base it on the book about the creature shop. Really hope they do this somtimes i the future. Anybody with me on this?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah definitely, I remember seeing the Creature Shop in the Jim Henson Hour (Secrets of the Muppets) and being very intrigued. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah definitely, I remember seeing the Creature Shop in the Jim Henson Hour (Secrets of the Muppets) and being very intrigued. :smile:
Yeah! I have to say that I was too after seeing that episode. If you can get a hold of you, you have to read of the book No Strings Attached: The Inside Story of Jim Henson's Creature Shop. It really is such a in depth book about their work. My brother once borrowed it from the library from his school and let me read it. I really love how the accomplished the affects to the live action Pinocchio. So many techniques for they used for the animatronic puppet!

Here's the Editorial review from amazon.

Who doesnt want to know how Babe, that incredible talking sheep-corralling pig, works? Or how metal and latex foam are sculpted and molded to create realistic skina humans, a dragons, a gorillas? And exactly how did a wisecracking frog named Kermit spawn a slew of monsters? No Strings Attached takes readers behind the scenes at Jim Hensons incredible animatronics factory, with secrets revealed firsthand, fully illustrated in gorgeous color. The people who imagine, design, construct, and operate those wonderful film characters, from Babe the pig to the puppies in 101 Dalmatians to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, explain step by step how artistry and technology combine to take your breath away onscreen. This is a book to delight the entire family, for movie-goers and film buffs alike. It show us how the movie magic we love is incredibly accomplished. Gene Brown, editor of the New York Times Encyclopedia of Film, says, No Strings Attached is a book people will be compelled to open up. Its a big, juicy, affectionate look at the adorable, sometimes eerie creatures that populate our culture via the big screen and that amaze us all.Matt Bacon has written on film and technology for magazines including Wired and Focus. He lives in London.

JustListen

Reaction score
You know what I would like to see? I really wish that The Henson company would make a documentary about their creature shop I would love to see on about how it all got started and their masaive body work and how they do all of their affects and what they are working on in the future. I know there is a book, But maybe they could base it on the book about the creature shop. Really hope they do this somtimes i the future. Anybody with me on this?
I'm with you! That would be really intriguing! I saw a documentary on the making of the Dark Crystal. The mechanics that went into making the Thar creatures was just astounding! And in all reality, the majority of it wasn't even rocket science. I can't even watch DC without watching the eyes move and paying attention to the intricate movements of the characters. It's crazy! I'd love to pick up puppet making and puppeteering at some point. It really is an extraordinary craft. :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, and the thing about the creatures on the Dark Crystal and creatures and animatronics on movies and film from the creature shop is that they are way more complex and intricate and advanced beyond simple hand puppets. But it's also amazing what that can do with hand puppets as well!

Kingtriton92

Reaction score
Storyteller sequel

I would love to see a sequel to the storyteller. Perhaps, instead of doing existing folktales, they could do some of Brian Frouds tales. Could be loads of fun to watch.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I would love to see a sequel to the storyteller. Perhaps, instead of doing existing folktales, they could do some of Brian Frouds tales. Could be loads of fun to watch.
Yeah! There should be more "Froud" movies!