Have you ever wondered?

ngreen522

Reaction score
ROFLMAO! So true! I don't, but I DO know people who turn down their radios while they're looking for a house or something...like...why? How does that help?:confused:
I dunno, but it helps! Like, the music is a distraction.
Or sometimes I'll turn the radio down just cuz I'm driving slow on a residential block, and I'm trying to be considerate. You know .. Noise pollution.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ROFLMAO! So true! I don't, but I DO know people who turn down their radios while they're looking for a house or something...like...why? How does that help?:confused:
It helps them think because they don't have to listen to music and can concentrate on finding the address.

Maestro

Reaction score
I think the sound that is used when characters blink is a string from a violin.
:big_grin: Of course! Now that you mention it, it's sounds just like a plucked violin string!

I find it interesting (but funny) that I created this for legitimate questions and the majority I get were sarcastic (yet mostly quite hilarious).

And as to these:

Winslow Leach said:
Are Chicken McNuggets made out of kangaroo meat?
Yes, certainly, with worm meat filler.

ngreen522 said:
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injection?

If it's zero degrees today, and tomorrow is expected to be twice as cold..... how cold will it be?
1. They look cool. :cool:
2.Maybe if they don't the executioner might get sick from the contamination? :confused:
3. 0 degrees! Don't you know math?

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Do fish ever stop moving?
Many sharks can't as their gills need to have water forced over them by movement to function but most can stop as long as long as their gills and air bladders are intact. The air bladder keeps them stable. I had a goldfish once whose air bladder got messed up and every time he stopped moving he would float to the surface.

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
If you're too open minded, do your brains fall out?
You end up 3/4 to death. See each time you move half the remaining distance towards death. So the second time you move the equivalent of 1/4 the original distance.

A mind is like a parachute; it only works when it's open.

How exactly does Santa hire an elf who knows how to make toys? Does he give him/her a block of wood as a test, and say, "make me something?"
The elves are immortal just like Santa himself. They've had centuries to hone their skills. Also it's a family business any new employees are descended from and trained by the previous generation.

Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Because a kamikaze strike was a last resort. They only did it if they couldn't win the fight through conventional means. If they could win the fight without dying they would.

ngreen522

Reaction score
Many sharks can't as their gills need to have water forced over them by movement to function but most can stop as long as long as their gills and air bladders are intact. The air bladder keeps them stable. I had a goldfish once whose air bladder got messed up and every time he stopped moving he would float to the surface.

You end up 3/4 to death. See each time you move half the remaining distance towards death. So the second time you move the equivalent of 1/4 the original distance.

A mind is like a parachute; it only works when it's open.

The elves are immortal just like Santa himself. They've had centuries to hone their skills. Also it's a family business any new employees are descended from and trained by the previous generation.

Because a kamikaze strike was a last resort. They only did it if they couldn't win the fight through conventional means. If they could win the fight without dying they would.
... booo, logic!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Ah! I.C. Makes sense!:big_grin:

Why does a jelly fish? Why not peanut butter? And what kind of jelly?

Does Pinocchio have to come inside when it rains? I mean...is he weather-treated? Or would he warp?

How many citizens of McDonaldland wanted to just go up to Mayor McCheese and take a giant bite out of him? One would think he had extra protection, what with the Hamburglar on the loose. But wasn't the only law enforcer Big Mac? He'd be in as much trouble as the mayor.

Why a duck? Why a-no chicken? (thanx, Chico Marx)

Maestro

Reaction score
Does Pinocchio have to come inside when it rains? I mean...is he weather-treated? Or would he warp?
Well, he was carved before there were very efficient weather treatments (I think), plus his clothes would probably mildew...then again I seem to remember him swimming at some point in the Disney movie...

yetiman

Reaction score
If swimming's such good exercise, how come whales are so fat?
I was on my high school swim team, and there was a really big guy on it who told me that for some reason, while swimming builds muscle, it doesn't burn much fat. I took him at his word.

Of course...whales probably have different reasons than people. :wink:

If pro is the opposite of con, and progress is moving forward, what is congress?
I feel like this one answers itself.

Here's one that I was discussing with a guy at work recently:
How important does a person have to be before they are assassinated instead of murdered?

Maestro

Reaction score
Here's one that I was discussing with a guy at work recently:
How important does a person have to be before they are assassinated instead of murdered?
I think assassinated only refers to people who hold government office, right? Not just generally important people. For example, Stephen Hawking would be murdered, but George W. Bush would be assassinated.

I think...