Your Thoughts: Letters to Santa Writers' Interview

Oscarfan

Reaction score
HE even states he's not a Muppet fan! So, why would he bother writing about them?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree, it is important to be a little critical in order to notice things that might be wrong.

Well I do think the NYTimes reviewer should be a little more familiar with the Muppets. But I did like this part:

the Muppets’ satiric legacy is not much in evidence, nor is the moral conflict that made Christmas television classics like “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town” so transfixing for children. Yes, Virginia, everything really was better in the ’70s.
Honestly, even if this special is good, I agree projects of the past will always still be better. :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The writers seem to be really good for the Muppets and I love how open and out there people have been for us fans!

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
I'm so glad this was made. I PVR'd it so I could watch it when I got home from work, and what made me the happiest was when Dr Teeth and Rowlf talked. It took so long to have those characters back.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Just watched the special tonight and thought it was really cute! It had its classic Muppet moments for sure, the JHC is trying hard in keeping the characters alive and as we remember them. I got a bit teary-eyed at the end, I must admit, seeing those that have been silent or gone for such a long time. Very nice to see them appear once more and I can't wait to see what future projects are in store in 2009!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I saw some Muppety moments tonight.

Upon second viewing I give this special a solid B. There appeared to be an extra added layer missing, but the music, the Muppets and the magic is definitely back. They have created a new likable foundation for all ages that has been lacking in the past. The writers and the recast Muppets will keep improving. It will never be the same as under Jim's direction, but they have managed to keep his spirit alive in this effort.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
And how they summed up Piggy... wrong. Piggy isn't a character who's just ready to be vain or brutal at a moment's notice. She had moments like that on TMS, but she had heart too.
I will agree with you on this (but not much else in your rant). Miss Piggy is insecure, but hides her frailty with a "tough guy" persona. She can be very sweet, or very tough. I think we've been seeing that more lately. Her interview with Kermit yesterday was very sweet. The end of the special, she was very sweet. But she's also tough when she feels she's revealed too much of herself. I'm kind of tired of her being referred to as a "diva," 'cause I don't really think of her as one. I don't think that's who she is.

And may I just say, Eric's doing great with the pig lately!

Da Dogster

Reaction score
I enjoyed it with one exception. I had thought that it would be a movie it was toooo short.
Other than that I loved it when Gonzo went throught the exray machine. "did you find anything?" to me they was trying to bring back the magic of the muppets.

So I will stick to my guns and say it was a great movie, er specail. (still could have been longer)