1970s Sesame Street Puppets

SHEILA

Reaction score
please bring back roosevelt franklin on sesame street?

Pino

Reaction score
Hello i write from Spain, my english is not very good ,so i hope you understand me, i write becouse i am a collector of vicma spanish puppets from 1976 and i have one big bird from this year, i want to show you some pictures of it but i don´t know how to do it, if somebody can tell me i will do it, thank you friends!:wink:
The big bird puppet you are talking about is the french version.. Tocatta, I have that one double... There was also the blue grouch Mordicus.. I have that one too... they are really rare!

nono

Reaction score
i would like to buy that Mordicus, do you sell it?

Pino

Reaction score
Ehm sorry no.... its that rare! :wink:

MuppetMikey

Reaction score
Hello Sesame Puppet Collectors!

Great discussion about the original Sesame puppets. I've been a Muppet memorabilia collector for quite awhile and have posted some of my collection online, including the Sesame Puppets. I've noticed several variations of Ernie and Bert, and I have posted pictures of these along with my "Canadian" Count puppet (with the plastic head). Here is my site:

http://www.webruler.com/artellephant/MikeysMuppetMuseumSesame.html

Hope to hear more about these awesome puppets from other collectors. This has been quite informative. Bye for now.

-MuppetMikey

Pino

Reaction score
Does anyone of you own a paco puppet? he war the grouchy parrot on the 1st version of plaza sesamo in mexico..
I have the Abelardo dragon puppet.. but I want to see some pictures again from Paco! Lost mine u know...

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Never seen a paco puppet, but did want to great job to MuppetMikey on his detailed website. I have many of the same puppets and figures and enjoyed learning more about them, and some of the stuff I don't have.

nono

Reaction score
Hello friends! i write from Spain , i am a collector of sesame street vicma puppets and i have some to sell ,there are :

-Felipe sonrisas (guy smiley) new mint condition with original box

-Profesor Siesta . mint condition with original box

-Toccata (very hard to find) mint condition with original box

- Sherlock Hemlock. mint condition, original box.

-Koko el pupas (grover) mid condition with original box

-the Count (Child Guidance) mint condition original box.

If you are interested in one or all of them you can write
to :
nonorico66@hotmail.com

Thank you very much friends!:

Pino

Reaction score
Abelardo the Dragon and Paco the Parrot: These are both Leli Ledy releases. The Abelardo puppet, my own "Grail" ,is obviously a product of the late 1970s, and he received extremely limited release. He has a plain orange plastic combline on his head and back and a fur yellow/orange body, but his eyes are very nicely sculpted with raised painted pupils (a bit like big bird). His hands where pvc. The Paco Puppet is even more rare then Abelardo. He was made from green fur and also a plasic hear. Both had the hairline glued to the hear like Grover... Only the front was shown all pvc.

Tocatta and Mordicus: These are both Vicma releases, and one is more valuable than the next. All have rubber faces with nicely detailed clothing and look like the early style of the U.S. puppets. Tocatta has an enormous head contasting his body, with an enourmes orange beak and large open eyes. Mordicus looks like Oascar but his head is a pvc covered in dark blue fur. His eyes are lined with a yellow and green circle arround it and the nose is lighter blue pvc. All of the Vicma "human" puppets also have weird, more-human hand sculpts