Who are your 3 favorite Sesame Street characters?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
  1. Grover- He can be such a klutz (like me), but he tries so hard (Frank Oz said that's why Grover never uses contractions, cuz he wants everything to be perfect). I don't know how you can't love the guy! One of my fondest memories as a child was listening to him sing "Tu Me Gustas" on one of my old records.
  2. Ernie - One of the best characters ever created for anything. I love his sense of humor and fun, and how these always end up backfiring on poor Bert. Though I have to admit being more like Bert at times, I admire Ernie's playful personality and how he knows not to take things too seriously (except when he absolutely needs to).
  3. Oscar the Grouch and Herry Monster - I'm sorry. I couldn't pick just three (Oscar & Herry usually tie with me, anyway). They may seem to be complete opposites, but I love these two. Oscar's possibly one of the most intriguing characters of Sesame Street because he's not sweet or innocent. There's good in him, but he's so grouchy who takes the time to notice? Herry's such a sweet, gentle guy. And I love his voice. This is a character kids need to be re-introduced to.

:super: :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy: :Herry-Monster-smiley:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Grover - Because of his helpfulness and the way he just love everyone no matter what. Also of his being a superhero is one of the other reasons Grover is one of my favorites. He doesn't know he's either trashing someones house or getting others in trouble due to his trying to help.

Herry Monster - He's a big klutz with destroying everything he touches. One of my favorite songs is "I Can't Help It" which he totally trashes Luis's Fix-it Shop. I feel sorry for Herry sometimes. He to me was the way i felt. I would axatelly break something and laugh about not knowing my own streath. But he to me was just like me but in monster form.

Cookie Monster - He was the guy who could eat anything. Now to me that wasn't the thing i enjoyed the most from Cookie. It was just the way he would act around Ernie or Grover or Herry. He had that kid like quilety to him. He didn't know what to do when Ernie would try and hide the cookies he would have until he would find them and able to devoure them. One other thing about him was he could get all the cookes in the world. I always envyed him. I would ask my parents if i could eat some cookies like him and they would say, "You'll make a mess." and now i can see what they mean.

Lisa Faye

Reaction score
Cookie Monster-What's not to love about him? He refers to himself as Me instead of I. He has a bottomless pit of a stomach, which includes eating objects such as trucks, phones, and anything else that's an inanimate object. And of course, cookies!

Big Bird-He has an innocence about him. He always wants to understand why things happen the way they do. From Mr. Hooper's death, to the destruction of his nest in the hurricane. He's lovable and full of wisdom for being such a young bird.

Mister Snuffleupagus-At first deemed an imaginary friend, then becoming real to everyone else. It amazed me to see such a big animated walkabout character on Sesame Street. And that trunk of his was ever so useful. Both he and Big Bird proved to everyone what real friendship was all about.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Gosh that is difficult. Well here's my current choice:

Herry Monster - because he's so loveable. And such a perfect part for Jerry Nelson with his singing talents.

Ethel Mermaid - Because she's one of the very few attempts at parodying Ethel Merman that I think actually works, also she reminds me a bit of a certain latter day Merman-style singer. (The way she tosses her hair is very like a certain singer-actress whom I've had the pleasure of seeing do the Merman roles in several 'Lost Musicals' concert stagings).

Louisey - because she can sing anything (when she sings with Herry), and well I don't think Herry has EVER had a better partner for a duet than her.

AAO

Reaction score
1. Big Bird - Always has and always will be. When I was growing up he was the "king" persay of the street. He was always there! And he is a very interesting character. He could be confused and ask "why" and be sad or excited or very curious. He was what every kid in Amercia felt. Elmo is just "happy" all the time ... except when something awry occurs.

2. Grover - Super Grover was always an alltime favorite and the fact that he was just so witty and cute. Frank Oz's performance as Grover always made me laugh out loud.

3. Oscar the Grouch - I just loved the fact that he was who he was and exclaimed it was okay to have a bad day...

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
I always loved Cookie Monster. I guess Bert would be second. Third would have to be someone I just rediscovered: Harvey Kneeslapper! I want a puppet of him so bad. I wish they had a purple whatnot at FAO so I could make him. "Three sticks!"

Wiseman

Reaction score
Well, let's see, I'm old enough to remember when ther frog kept a pad at SS so I'll start with Kermit, and then the two initial bridge characters Big Bird and Oscar. I also have three fave's from the modern show, they are Abby, Rosita and Murray monster.

Crazy31088

Reaction score
(I have to make this four, I simply cannot decide which three I prefer)

Ernie-his sense of humor has always made me smile, and in some ways I guess he represents the kind of friend we all wish we had.

Grover-he's very sweet and, this is going to sound weird, but he reminds me of my grandmother (who, incidentally, keeps a little stuffed toy of Grover attatched to her wheelchair).

Telly-I identify a lot with his worrisome ways, and I think a lot of people can understand this.

Placido Flamingo-he was never as well developed as a character as the other three characters on my list, but he makes me smile, too, in some ways more than any other character, especially when he is interacting with the human cast.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
My favorite Sesame Street Muppets would totally be...

1) Oscar the Grouch: If I had to pick one favorite, it probably would have be a Oscar, I think he's the most complex character on Sesame Street, people sometimes label him as the bad guy or the evil one on SS, which he's not, he actually has a heart of gold. Plus people also like to label him as the homeless one or whatever, when in actually, he would much rather live in a trash can than some million dollar mansion, :grouchy:.

2) Cookie Monster: He's just a fun character, how could one not love Cookie, :insatiable:.

3) The Count: I love pretty much any of Jerry Nelson's muppets, he's awesome, :batty:

4) Bert and Ernie: Okay, I know I'm doing five, but I count Bert and Ernie as a pair, you can't have one without the other, lol. Two best friends and possibly the best example of Frank Oz and Jim Henson's chemistry,