TMS Outline Idea

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since Lady Hyde already incorporated the first installment of the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring; I was wondering if I should go ahead and take on the other fantasy juggernaut, Harry Potter. What I'd like to know first though, is whether you guys think this outline should be confined to a half-hour TV episode outline or expanded to a full-length movie or Muppet play outline. Let me know what you think. I'll post some ideas for the cast later.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some of the casting ideas I've been mulling over in my head. Just so you guys know, none of these decisions have been cast in stone yet. If there are some disagreements or suggestions, I'll gladly listen to them until the entire cast has been recruited.

Bob and Linda from Sesame Street as James and Lily Potter.
Crazy Harry as Harry Potter.
The Pigs (or generic pig muppets) from TMS as the Dursley Family.
Andy and Randy Pig from Muppets Tonight as Fred and George Weezley. Although Harvey Kneeslapper could fulfill one of these two roles, do you know of any Muppet character who could be slated as Harvey's twin brother?
*Janice as Jinny Weezley for Book 2: Chamber of Secrets when we get to that story.*
The Count von Count as Draco Malthoi, without the necessary snobbishness of the rivalry between him and Harry.
Sweetums as Haggredd.
Angus McGonnicle as Prof. McGonnicle teacher of Transfiguration, playing on the joke of both character's names.
Mokey Fraggle as Prof. Sprout teacher of Herbology with Lanford at her side, doubling as the Devil-Snare plant at the end of the story.
Mildred Huxtetter as Prof. Flipwig teacher of Charms, playing on the joke of the class's name.
Gordon Robinson as Albus Dumbledor headmaster of Hogwarts School of Wizardry.
Rizzo could play Scabbers/Peter Pettygrue, Ron Weezley's pet rat.
Also, Hogwarts could be changed to Frogwarts. That way, Kermit would keep interrupting from off-screen our favorite quote from TMM as a running gag.
I'll have to re-read the first book to finish filling out the cast and the plot. If you have any ideas you'd like to share, go ahead! Some of mine are the following:
An entire "At the Dance" like segment staged during the Halloween party.
Replace Quittage with the new game of Quirkage where Crazy Harry's fondness of bouncing bombs around in the air mindful of their devastating destruction would take center stage. Of course it would be narrated by Lewis Kazagger as Lee Jordan.
Well that's all for now. I'll update the decisions once they're ready.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
How about these additions:
Sammy the Snake, the classic striped snake, inside the Snake House at the zoo during the story's beginning. He could perform his classic S-song.
The Busby Twins as Vincent Crab and Gregory Goyle.
Let me know what you think.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Actually...

...I was thinking that Harry himself (and maybe Ron and Hermione) might make good guests on TMS. There could be songs such as "Abracadabra" or Sinatra's "It's Witchcraft," or maybe Piggy could sing "I'm Just Wild About Harry."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, to tell the truth...
the real inspiration for starting this cast with Crazy Harry in the titular role came from someone else's wild ideas. There was a contest over at Palisades' forum in November, spawned from two distinctive threads about Muppet figures that would never be made. One of those pre-contest entries was Crazy Harry Potter submitted by a good friend of mine, Drtooth. I'm just taking that idea and running with it full head-long on. There will be musical numbers and Muppety jokes included in story outline during the planning stages of this grand Muppet adventure. If you have some suggestions to make, go fright ahead.