Idea: Pigs in Space: The Movie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know there have been mixed feelings about Muppets From Space (my main gripe being that they never actually went to space) but I had an idea rattling around in my head for a Muppet film (after the Segel one, of course). It both incorporates the sci-fi genre while drawing from the Muppets' classic roots. Whad'ya think?

The Pitch:

Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo (along with Lab "vermin" Pepe, Rizzo and his rat pack to be watched over in the space kennel by Rowlf the dog) are invited by NASA on a space mission. Scooter is, of course, an intern at mission control alongside Bobo the bear.

NASA loses contact with the shuttle when it is taken hostage by a mysterious force. Muppet Labs launches a working Swinetrek ship manned (or pigged) by Link, Strangepork and First Mate Piggy (who is particularly intent on saving her frog). Bunsen and Beaker tag along joined by a crew of pigs and various cast members. There could also be a stirring speech about patriotism by Sam Eagle.

Beyond that, I have ideas from everything from several Muppet Labs battle cruisers forming a Transformer-like contraption in space to battle the aliens that have Kermit and the gang hostage. I also see Gonzo's alien relatives (or fans) coming to the rescue. There could even be a glimpse of his planet where chickens are royalty. The bad guys could even be alien roosters from that planet. And just imagine the Electric Mayhem in astronaut suits rocking out a musical number while floating in space.

There are so many opportunities in this configuration. It also gets Miss Piggy's strength back. She's been missing that for a while now and let's face it - she's no helpless damsel.

Anyway, those were just my thoughts. I have never been keen on the Gonzo alien story, but this would also connect that in a classic more palatable way for my taste. Just had to get all this down somewhere. Please feel free to comment either way. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've been itching for a Pigs in Space movie, too. I like your idea. I wish Diz would steal ideas from the fans, though! HA HA! Just, in payment, give us a free DVD, soundtrack, and one of each of the merchandise items made from the film. I think that'd be fair.

Especially with the latest $160 Millenium Falcon playset that was recently released. Can you imagine a full size action figure playset with Muppets to go in it of the Swinetrek? COOL!

I always saw it as Link, Piggy and Strangepork are showing the Swinetrek to the other Muppets when Link accidentally sets off into space via hyperspace and end up in a new galaxy where some evil warlord thinks they're there to attack his planet.

With the whole Gonzo thing: I'm okay with the alien thing, especially since they didn't give them a species name and therefore he is still labeled a Whatever. I suppose, then, knowing his history, that Frackles must be Muppets that came from space?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've been itching for a Pigs in Space movie, too. I like your idea. I wish Diz would steal ideas from the fans, though!
I have a feeling they do...you can never tell after all :wink:. They say they shouldn't read anything fanmade but that doesn't mean they don't :coy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've been itching for a Pigs in Space movie, too. I like your idea. I wish Diz would steal ideas from the fans, though! HA HA! Just, in payment, give us a free DVD, soundtrack, and one of each of the merchandise items made from the film. I think that'd be fair.

Especially with the latest $160 Millenium Falcon playset that was recently released. Can you imagine a full size action figure playset with Muppets to go in it of the Swinetrek? COOL!

I always saw it as Link, Piggy and Strangepork are showing the Swinetrek to the other Muppets when Link accidentally sets off into space via hyperspace and end up in a new galaxy where some evil warlord thinks they're there to attack his planet.

With the whole Gonzo thing: I'm okay with the alien thing, especially since they didn't give them a species name and therefore he is still labeled a Whatever. I suppose, then, knowing his history, that Frackles must be Muppets that came from space?
Isn't Frackle the German pronunciation? :coy:

I like your idea too. I wonder if Segel's movie will have the Swinetrek in it? Not likely since his (justified) distaste for the Muppet's many years of theme-film overindulgence. Still, I see a Pigs in Space picture as a no-brainer. It's an element missing from their past space film. Just put Pigs in Space on a marquee and people will show.

I agree, just seeing the Muppets inhabit a spaceship is very cool. :cool:

Redsonga

Reaction score
That makes me wonder would it just be like they were playing the characters in Pigs In Space or that they really were those characters? *thinks of Galaxy Quest* :3

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That makes me wonder would it just be like they were playing the characters in Pigs In Space or that they really were those characters? *thinks of Galaxy Quest* :3
Yeah, I see what you mean. I really don't like the whole Muppets playing characters thing that has been done a little too much. The problem with the MCC and MTI roles is that it was nearly all the Muppets in the public eye for too long. Not enough of them just being themselves to balance that.

However each character name and persona on Pigs in Space is identical to their cast member counterpart. The only difference is that they have no training in flying a real ship - but hey, they never did on the show either. :smile:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
It's awesome! I love it! I want to read more suspense!

xochval15

Reaction score
I love your ideas! Pigs in Space was one of my favorite skits in TMS. It sounds like you've been thinking about this for a long time. Disney should take some ideas from fans, it would only make their shows and movies better. :smile: