Idea: Pigs in Space: The Movie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it has gotten a good reaction. I still think that Disney could easily do a Kim Possible style cartoon show for Pigs in Space on the Disney Channel. But an actual puppet-Muppet movie would be better.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh...my...gosh...

A Kim Possible style Pigs in Space show would blow my mind...

Just the thought of it has me tingling with excitement! Bunsen style!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just the thought of it has me tingling with excitement! Bunsen style!
Mee mee mee, too! :eek:

I would like for Piggy to be Miss Piggy, but she also works on the SwineTrek. Strangepork and Link are their usual respective characters but work there, too; and the other Muppets are along because they just are.

Frackles were the generic monster names, and Gonzo was The Cigar Box Frackle originally, so I did always consider him a member of that, but nobody knows what exacly a Frackle is, so even if he might be from space, he really has no species name but Frackle--"whatever" that is.

Gonzo is good ol' Gonzo. He doesn't need explanation even if there are a few theories about it. He's a chicken-lovin' turkey-beaked weirdo--and we love him.

Pigs in Space--the action figure playset, and I bought a few extra Strangeporks and converted them into crewmen. :smile:

Fluffets

Reaction score
I've been itching for a Pigs in Space movie, too. I like your idea. I wish Diz would steal ideas from the fans, though! HA HA! Just, in payment, give us a free DVD, soundtrack, and one of each of the merchandise items made from the film. I think that'd be fair.

Especially with the latest $160 Millenium Falcon playset that was recently released. Can you imagine a full size action figure playset with Muppets to go in it of the Swinetrek? COOL!

I always saw it as Link, Piggy and Strangepork are showing the Swinetrek to the other Muppets when Link accidentally sets off into space via hyperspace and end up in a new galaxy where some evil warlord thinks they're there to attack his planet.

With the whole Gonzo thing: I'm okay with the alien thing, especially since they didn't give them a species name and therefore he is still labeled a Whatever. I suppose, then, knowing his history, that Frackles must be Muppets that came from space?
Yeah it would be even awesomer if they made it a sequel to The Great Santa Claus Switch and Muppets From Space all in one movie! The evil aliens could be frackles! Thog could be a henchman again! Not evil, just having to do what he's told. And they could design a whole new, black Frackle to be the villain! And they could have epic, star wars parody battles! :smile: AWESOME!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Great Muppet fans must think alike. I also have an idea for a Pigs In Space movie. Here's my story...
The Swinetrek and her crew are still on their mission of exploring the endless sameness of eternal space.

After barely escaping from a creature known as the Horrendous Fneeb-eating Ka-Zunch a distress signal is received from a nearby planet. The signal if from Emperor Kermit, the kind and merciful ruler of a distant galaxy, whose ship crashed following an unprovoked attack by Dearth Nadir. The Swinetrek lands on the planet and picks up Emperor Kermit, Fozzie, his Prime Minister and his bodyguard, human co-star.

Upon making eye contact the ever fleeting spark between Kermit and Piggy shows itself again. But, Link forbids Piggy from talking to Kermit, claiming that first-mates cannot converse with royalty, but captains, on the other hand, can.

From here we follow the Swinetrek on its adventure across the universe and a series of comic misadventures (including a run-in with the Merdlidops) that result in Kermit, Fozzie and the Swinetrek crew being captured.

They are brought before Dearth by his right hand man (Other Human co-star). Then, much to the confusion of our heroes, Dearth demands the return of Camilla, claiming that Kermit chicken-napped her. When Kermit reveals to Dearth he has no idea who Camilla is Dearth's right hand man reveals himself as the true villain and that HE chicken-napped Camilla as a plot to capture Kermit and hold him for ransom. He then grabs Kermit and runs for it. A chase through the ship ensues ending with Piggy dispatching him and saving her frog. After finding Camilla locked in a closet, Dearth sets the crew of the Swinetrek, Kermit and Fozzie free.

They then make it to Kermit's galaxy without further incident. Before he leaves Kermit asks Piggy to consider going with him and becoming his Queen. She, very reluctantly, declines this offer, stating that the Swinetrek needs her, a statement which Link denies.

We return the bridge of the Swinetrek with them being re-attacked by the same Horrendus Fneeb-Eating Ka-Zunch from the beginning. The film ends with the narrator saying:
"Join us again net time for another badly ended adventure of PIIIGS IIIIN SPAAAACCCEEE!"
So, what do you think?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I'd go with the original Pigs in Space thing with Link, Ms. Piggy, and Dr. Julius Strangepork!

robinthecrow

Reaction score
HA some brilliant suggestions from people - its funny, I was thinking of such a thing the other week, Pigs in Space series or something. Though I'd, for copyright reasons, produce it as my own Space Station Fadger featuring animals at the helm of the traveling space station.