Gonzo and Rizzo or Rizzo and Pepe

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Personally, these days I like the Rowlf and Rizzo pairing and think a Gonzo and Pepe pairing would be interesting. I was never a big fan of Rizzo as far as speaking parts, but his YouTube interaction with Rowlf was the funniest I've ever seen him. :shifty::rolleyes:

KerMatttheFrog

Reaction score
I think there are two dynamics in these pairings.

Gonzo and Rizzo have that opposite sides of the same coin thing going in my mind. They balance each other out. Gonzo keeps Rizzo out of trouble (sort of), and Rizzo balances out Gonzo's eccentricities (sort of). I agree they are masterful in Muppet Christmas Carol and also were great in Muppet Masterpiece Theater. If you are looking for a moment that will likely be a touching expression of friendship, the Gonzo-Rizzo pairing more likely will have it.

Rizzo and Pepe are birds of a feather. They both like to be that little thorn in your side, making the comments, and adding the sarcasm. Together, they often egg each other on. The potential for hyjinx and rude comments is much greater when these two are together.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, Gonzo works best with poultry. :concern:
That's my feeling as well, lol. And I probably like Rizzo best as a solo in MTM, I thought he was hilarious there and the classic New Yorker, lol. But the two of them together is nice since it's Steve and Dave.

Hmm...basically Gonzo and Rizzo are a good team because they're so different and compliment each other. But Rizzo and Pepe also work because they're similar.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
Definitely Gonzo and Rizzo. I like Pepe, but not necessarily paired with Rizzo.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hard to have a favorite, since they work off different dynamics, like Kermatthefrog said. I like Gonzo/Rizzo, but I have to admit I find Rizzo/Pepe really good too. However, in MFS, it's Gonzo that shares space with Rizzo, not Pepe. To me, Gonzo is Rizzo's friend while Pepe is his cohort.