I just finished building Mojo 2.0!

mrhogg

Reaction score
Hey all,

As part of my ramp-up for a dotBoom 2.0, I'm rebuilding a chunk of the puppets, as I've gotten way better than I was when I built the first round. First up was Mojo, as he was the first one I built for the first season of dotBoom.

http://flickr.com/photos/inelegant/sets/72157611789061166/

He turned out fantastically, I think. I'm very proud of him. My internal gauge of quality is often whether the thing I'm doing looks/reads/feels like something someone else -- some nebulous professional somewhere -- would have done, and by that measure, the new Mojo rocks, I think; I am honestly surprised I built such a puppet myself. :smile:

I hope you like it!

yetiman

Reaction score
Great work--I really like the eyes and the donut shapes that you use to emphasize them.

I'm very impressed at how similar your final products are to your original drawings. I feel like my stuff is pretty ad hoc, and the final product is often drastically different than the starting plan.

Again--good job. I like him a lot.

mrhogg

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm quite chuffed that I can get them like the concept art, too; there are a lot of puppets that don't match their concept art much at all, so I'm glad I'm getting closer to figuring out that part of it. :smile:

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Brian - I am just continually impressed by your growth as an artist. It's been great to follow this and other puppet communities and see people like yourself artistically flourish.

I meant to post a new thread about a build question but, seeing as your character contains the element I was curious about - what do you do for seamless, round noses like the one on Mojo?

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Hey Brian ... your stuff is/was kinda new to me but now I have watched a few episodes of Emperor Palpatine and man, that puppet ROCKS. Sorry if this doesn't really belong in this particular thread, but I wanted to have it said ... :smile:
Your episodes are quite some fun too, there's a big many good jokes in there. I have an entire opinion ready about what I saw, but I'm not sure if you're looking to hear it so if you do, don't hesitate to let me know (PM?)

Joris

mrhogg

Reaction score
Hey BarbarianJ,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like my stuff! As for critiques, I'm always open to them. You can post here, via PM, or via e-mail [I'm at brian at hoggworks dot com].

Cheers!