I remember a cross-over of Seasme Street and the Muppets? Does anyone else remember..

Movies205

Reaction score
this? All I can remember is it was snowing out and kermit was there...

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
You're probably remembering Muppet Family Christmas. It's available on DVD and video. The Muppets decide to spend the holidays at Fozzie's mother's farm and the Sesame gang shows up singing carols. (The Fraggles also make an appearance.)

Sesame Street Muppets also appeared on an episode of TMS and in TMTM. Of course there is also Big Bird's classic cameo in TMM.

beaker

Reaction score
Yep, Muppet Family Xmas, my favorite JHC production ever(next to TMTM and TMM)

There was also the Muppet Show/Sesame/Fraggle Rock(err, at least Uncle Matt) scene during the wedding scene at the end of MTM...just breathtaking!

I really wish they would get back to the Muppet/Sesame crossovers...to me the brand and company truly isnt in top form til we see innovative things like that.

The last time there was a crossover officially was Muppetfest, with Elmo joining the rest of the Muppet Show.

Movies205

Reaction score
It coming back to me, I need to get that on tape or dvd. I remember it now... it been so long, also I remember the muppets go to Disney World...

Is there an uncut Muppet Family Christmas DVD out there(I'm going mod my dVD player soon to play all regions and it can play PAL)

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
There was also the Muppet Show/Sesame/Fraggle Rock(err, at least Uncle Matt) scene during the wedding scene at the end of MTM...just breathtaking!
UNCLE mATT WAS AT THE wEDDING?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Uncle Matt WAS at the wedding.

Other crossovers include many of the Sesame Street characters on the Marty Feldman Muppet Show, Big Bird on the Leslie Uggams Muppet Show, and Bert and Ernie showed up in another one (I don't remember which).

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
...and Bert and Ernie showed up in another one (I don't remember which).

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

It was the Connie Stevens episode (first or second season) if I'm not mistaken. I never saw this one myself, but I've read of it here and on other forums.

I did however see the Big Bird's appearance with Leslie Uggams. I'll never forget the part where he's talking to Miss Piggy backstage and he tells her that he and Kermit are both from his other show, Sesame Street and Piggy replies "Oh, yes that cute children's show with puppets." That got a huge guffaw out of my friend and I who saw it together.

And I remember catching the only the very end of the Marty Feldman episode around the time it originally aired when Kermit came out on stage dressed in a turban and swami outfit wrapping up the end of the show by asking Feldman to come out and take a bow. He does and is immediately followed by Cookie Monster who runs around acting the fool and upstaging both of them as Kermit tries to say goodbye. The credits roll with the Muppet band playing the theme song before of course the final word went to Statler and Waldorf up in the balcony and a bunch of other SS muppets were crammed into the box with them and the old men crack some joke I don't remember and they all laugh.
Interestingly neither Big Bird or Oscar was among them, but call me crazy I think I did see the SnuffleUpagus in there. HOW they fit HIM into their puny little box, I'll never know.

I just wish I could have seen this episode in its entirety

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I really wish they would get back to the Muppet/Sesame crossovers...to me the brand and company truly isnt in top form til we see innovative things like that.
I think the reason they were so enjoyable was because they didn't do them very often. If they did them TOO often then the novelty of them would have worn off. But that's a moot point now because those crossovers are a thing of the past now that the muppet family has been "split up", for lack of a better term. Sesame Workshop (formerly CTW) now owns exclusive rights to the SS muppets, as they have for about a year now. I'm sure there was a good reason behind this decision, but I agree it's unfortunate for us fans to know we probably won't see one again.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ScottMonster
I think the reason they were so enjoyable was because they didn't do them very often. If they did them TOO often then the novelty of them would have worn off. But that's a moot point now because those crossovers are a thing of the past
Sad but true...I hope that changes. A sign the Muppets are *truly* back is when ya start seeing crossovers. Elmo being with the classic TMS gang at Muppetfest was a start.

Seeing Bear, Elmo, Kermit, Piggy, and Gonzo(tho not all at the same time) on Hollywood Squares was cool.

But yeah, those cameos were so cool. It started with the two Muppet Show 1974 tv pilots...we it continue through the movies.
And into specials.

You know, a Muppet movie isnt truly a Muppet movie til there is at least one Sesame cameo.

JHC still has a partnership with Sesame Street for some things, so who knows. I mean Sesame is afterall MUPPETS...created by Kermit and rowlf in 1969 according to Muppet canon, heh.
So yes, to more Muppet crossovers in the future!

dacp3

Reaction score
Man, I loved Muppet Family Christmas. I'm glad I taped that last time it aired.