My Vintage SSL Pics

SSLFan

Reaction score
* Pleaz Reply!*
:insatiable:

Okay, I FINALLY got around to uploading some of my pics I had of SSL shows I went to as a child. Yes, THESE ARE MINE folks, just in case you don't believe me. These were all taken at the Fox Theatre in Detroit, MI. I've started with just a few but I plan to upload more. I also encourage all of you who went to SSL as a child to share your pics if you'd like too.:smile:

To see them : click here!

Yes, I know time has taken it's toll on the pics (either that or we had a bad camera!), and decided I WILL NOT update them with the editing. I think they should be left as they are. Plus it gives you that "Vintage" feeling! xD

Lol. And Ryan, since I've finally learned to upload photos (don't tease me, lol), I will FINALLY get a facebook soon. Just to let you know.:wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, I know time has taken it's toll on the pics (either that or we had a bad camera!), and decided I WILL NOT update them with the editing. I think they should be left as they are. Plus it gives you that "Vintage" feeling! xD
I would concur. :wink: Thanks for sharing!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
SSL... you may have a pic of this character... but i remember either late 80s or early 90s.. there was an Alien who only showed up during one of the SSL shows... I BELIEVE in this show Snuffy had appeared? But i do remember Gover flying through the stage and crashing. I was so little and dont remember much of that show.

But maybe you know the name of the show and the Alien's name? The alien was a girl i believe. And POSSIBLY had blue hair... that i cant recall to well.

Kiki

Reaction score
These are some great pics! I went to SSL too, in either 2000 or 2001 (I /think/ 2000), and I really enjoyed it. :wink: I still have the book and all when I went, too. I remember the song "When I Grow Up" really well. Ahhh memories. Thanks fer sharing! :smile:

zanimum

Reaction score
But maybe you know the name of the show and the Alien's name? The alien was a girl i believe. And POSSIBLY had blue hair... that i cant recall to well.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Tee_Hee

She's most likely who's you're thinking of, Tee Hee from both "Big Bird & the ABC's" (1987-1992)and "Sleeping Birdie" (1990-1991). There's actually more about her in a Henson.com podcast with Julie Zobel, April 7, 2008.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Tee_Hee

She's most likely who's you're thinking of, Tee Hee from both "Big Bird & the ABC's" (1987-1992)and "Sleeping Birdie" (1990-1991). There's actually more about her in a Henson.com podcast with Julie Zobel, April 7, 2008.
THANKS! Yea that was her. As soon as you said, Tee Hee... i remembered right away.

The picture IS her... but i remembered her (as a child) looking so much different... But thats her lol thanks.