Question about Project Puppet's Patterns

Sistablister

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new here and am looking to become a puppeteer. I need to get a good puppet and found a website that has the best ones I have ever seen. I was wondering if anyone could help me find some like these for sale. Oh and eventually I will be making some I just want to start off with buying one and seeing how they work....

Here is the website

http://www.projectpuppet.com/Page.bok?template=puppet-gallery

Mya :concern:

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
I'd recommend you just go ahead and buy a pattern! The Glorified Sock Puppet pattern is devilishly easy to put together, even if you're not a strong seamstress (like me.)

If you'd much rather purchase, you may try eBay. But nothing compares to the thrill of making your own puppet.

Sistablister

Reaction score
oh I def am going to make my own soon I just want to buy one first....

And ebay dose not have any design I like kinda plain stuff...

But thanks......

spastacus

Reaction score
yes get one.

I bought the sock puppet pattern this summer to teach my self hand sewing and all I can say is it was full of awesome, well worth the twenty bucks. If you can read, thread a needle, and operate scissors you can get great results.

Blink

Reaction score
oh I def am going to make my own soon I just want to buy one first....

And ebay dose not have any design I like kinda plain stuff...

But thanks......
Many of the members here have made some of those puppets in the gallery you linked to. Perhpas one of them is willing to sell you a puppet?

Sistablister

Reaction score
Many of the members here have made some of those puppets in the gallery you linked to. Perhpas one of them is willing to sell you a puppet?

Ya that would rock so if there are any people out there that have any puppets for sale I'll scan the bords but please let me know.......Thanx

:concern: Mya

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
are you just wanting to see how they manipulate before you get the pattern? because they're quite the dream to operate. the back of the mouth is covered in foam (polyurethane is what i use) but I cover it in a lightweight stretchy cotton to keep it from turning to dust so quickly from being in contact with my hand. For some reason that softness on the inside makes it easier for my little girl hands to manipulate.

You should just bite the bullet & do it. I made my entire body & head in one day.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Sistablister, if you're interested in a specific puppet or like the building style of a certain builder in the Project Puppet Gallery, I'd be happy to put you in touch the builder to inquire about the puppet or custom work. Just drop me a line through the contact page on the website, and we'll go from there.