I have completed the Farrah 2.0 puppet!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Wow, you're just knocking them out these days eh?

Very nice. :smile:

Blink

Reaction score
Great update! How did you do the stubble?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The eyes are very nice. I was wondering how you cut the holes in the ping pong balls (they look perfectly round).

mrhogg

Reaction score
Thanks!

Stubble is thread. I looped through the fleece skin, bit by bit. Then I cut the loops, trimming to the length I wanted. It works pretty well, though it takes a LONG time.

For the hole in the eyes, I used my Dremel tool, specifically a sanding bit I have. It cut a smaller hole than I needed, so I just pressed the Dremel to the sides to widen it.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Ah, that would do the trick I suppose. I have to get me a Dremel one of these days.

mrhogg

Reaction score
I actually haven't used the Dremel in a good number of months, but when you need it, it certainly is handy.

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Brian - kudos on the stubble. Very inspired idea. What are you wigging your puppets with? Is it just a re-purposed halloween wig?

mrhogg

Reaction score
Thanks very much re the eyes and the stubble! The eyes are from a tip Phillip Hatter gave me, and the stubble I tried because I thought it would work, but wasn't sure. It was a test (actually I did it first on Mojo 2.0 which happens to work well. The thread hangs when long, but when cut short, looks rigid enough.

I might try a longer bit of hair with one of them, see how that looks. Don't know if it would look too much like regular thread at a greater length, though.

As for the wig, I haven't moved up to hand-sewing anything, though that has occurred to me. I do buy the cheap wigs from party stores most times. Bono's hair was from a "Bratz" extension clip, and Farrah's hair is a Hannah Montana wig put on backwards.