Pics of a raccoon puppet I'm building.

mrhogg

Reaction score
Hey all,

Here're some in-progress shots of a raccoon puppet that I'm building for season 2 of dotBoom. The raccoon controls Farrah's mind, you see. So he's got to look snazzy.

I'm liking the way the raccoon is coming together, despite the fact that he's a pretty simple, pretty straightforward construction.

http://flickr.com/photos/inelegant/sets/72157612261767947/

What do you think? (I know that it's a little hard to comment since it's still being built)

Cheers!

mrhogg

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the raccoon is named "Poodles," for reasons that are explained in the show.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
He is looking fantastic so far dude! Reminds me of the Muppet Show nature scene animals, and the kind in Emmet Otter as well.

Great work!
:smile:
Anthony

chrisfason

Reaction score
looks great, i love the original sketch! great attitude.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Looks good! I've done raccoons before, they are deceptively hard to build.

mrhogg

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not sure if I want the raccoon's body to be solid brown, or a mix of brown and beige. I think I will make it lighter, to give him a nice little stomach.

I spent a fair bit of time mulling over the shape of the head, and the pattern for the foam. It's not perfect, but I'm thinking it's looking cool. It's matching my concept sketch, in any case.

I'm going to get some sculpey and plastidip to make some nice nails and teeth for the little guy (though I'm not sure if shiny white teeth will make him look *too* realistic), before I put him all together.

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
I love the shape of the head. Can't wait to see the final product!

mrhogg

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm thinking of putting the pattern online in one form or another, once it's all done and built. Not sure, but I'm debating it.