Sometimes The Sky Calls...

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Here's a new fanfic that I've been working on, I hope everyone enjoys! I may have Chapter 1 up sometime tonight or tomorrow if I have the time, and will post the story on FF.Net later this evening (in a rush at the moment and don't have time to upload it there right now).

Enjoy!

Prologue

A shiver ran down Kermit’s spine as he sat in his cell, looking through the glass window to try and see what was going on in the other cells surrounding his own. Observing his friends from the boarding house, as well as neighbors and strangers, pacing around irritably in their mini-prisons while occasionally shouting out their demands to know what was going on. It was a whole new breed of chaos, one that the frog wasn’t sure he’d be able to handle.

He was worried, but even more than that…he was scared.

“Dis is insane, d’ey can’t do dis to us!” Rizzo screeched from behind the amphibian, while attempting to scrap a hole in the cement wall at the back of the room. Fozzie simply sighed with worry, while Piggy stared at the back of Kermit’s head. It was only a matter of time before the other two did the same, looking toward their natural-born leader for advice.

He glanced back at them, but was unable to deliver the sort of supportive and uplifting speech they had come to expect from him when times got rough. After all, the situation they found themselves in right now was far different from anything they had encountered before. Everything was going to be different after this; and the frog wasn’t sure how he was going to handle the outcome…how any of them would.

“I’m sure they’ll tell us what’s going on soon.” Kermit finally said after a few moments, returning his worried gaze back through the window in front of him. Hoping to spot a guard that might be willing to give them a clue about the situation, although he couldn’t help doubting it that it would happen.

“D’ese guys? Telling us da truth?” The rat scoffed half-heartedly, too consumed with worry to be as sarcastic and cynical as he was normally capable of. He was beginning to let his panic set in, and quickly re-directed his attention back to the wall he was trying to dig a hole in. “I’d get us out of here before we get any info about what da heck’s going on!”

The others in the cell watched as he resumed his attempts to chip away at the wall with his teeth, each understood how he was feeling. After all, they were feeling it too.

A couple of hours had passed since the soldiers had stormed the town and taken everyone into custody, bringing them to this facility and putting them into the cells they now occupied; four per room. And not once had any of them been given an explanation as to what was going on, why they were there, what was happening to their friend.

They were being left in the dark, and Kermit hated it.

He wondered how all of his other friends were, and if they were all close together. He wondered how his young nephew was handling the situation, and hoped that the child was in a cell with someone he knew. And then, with increasing worry, he wondered what was going on with Gonzo. Recalling how the alien had looked the last time he had seen him as they were all taken away, sprawled on the floor unconscious.

“I hope he’s okay…” The frog whispered, and none of his cell-mates needed to ask about who he was referring to. They all hung their heads with equal worry.

Rizzo sniffed, trying to hide his worried tears as he once again put all his efforts back into his escape attempt. “He...he's gotta be!”

RedPiggy

Reaction score
So, Homeland Security or the CIA strike again, huh? The sad thing is that I can see this happening. :frown:

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
So, Homeland Security or the CIA strike again, huh? The sad thing is that I can see this happening. :frown:
Close. :smile:

It'll be revealed in an upcoming chapter (although, probably not the next one) who's holding them. I'm hoping to post a new chapter late tonight/early tomorrow.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Definitely intrigued about Gonzo's new abduction tale. Post more soon!

:smile:

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
My, oh my. It's been a while since I started this. Sorry to those who are reading this, I honestly didn't mean to take so long with the update *looks at all of her abandoned fanfics guiltily* I'll be better about it, I promise!

I'll try to put up another chapter tonight after I get home from work (I'll post both updates on FF.net then, I've gotta get ready to leave for work now...)

Enjoy!

Alrighty, here's:

Chapter One

24 Hours Earlier…

The sky was beautiful, and the stars sparkled across it like millions of diamonds spread across a rich ebony blanket. It was a beautiful sight, one that wouldn’t cease to fascinate the young alien who sat contently on the boarding house roof. Staring up at the world above him; the aching longing he always felt had lifted off of him a little. He didn’t feel so alone anymore…

“Ya gotta go to bed.”

Gonzo blinked, pulled out of his happy daze, and looked down at the rat sitting next to him. “Yeah, I know.”

The giddy smile never left his face, but Rizzo could still sense disappointment in his friend’s voice. “You regret not goin’ with them?”

“No…” The weirdo admit after a moment, following the rat as they made their way off the roof. “…I just wish I had gotten to know them more.”

“They could have stuck around a little longer.” Rizzo replied in a somewhat annoyed tone. “They lost you when you were a baby, come close to driving you crazy with those messages they started sending you this week, and then after everything you went through in the past few hours to make contact with them…they only stop by quickly to say ‘hi’ and leave!”

“You talk as if you’ve been the lone misfit on this planet for the last 32 years.” Commented Gonzo as he picked up his small friend and helped him up to his bed, an amused smile on his face. “I’m just thrilled to have had the chance to meet them, and to know I’m not alone…”

“You were never alone.” The rat pointed out softly as they entered the bedroom they shared, knowing that the whole thing bothered his buddy a lot more than he was letting on.

“I know.”

Rizzo stared up at his friend, noting how tired he seemed to be. Which was quite understandable considering what hour it was; the rat was amazed that he himself was still awake. “G’ night, Gonzo.” He said with a yawn, before burying himself under his blankets. It wasn’t long before his snoring filled the room.

The alien smiled with a yawn of his own, climbing into his bed and quickly slipping into dreamland. “Goodnight, Rizzo.”

While some members of the boarding house remained in bed longer than usual, the chaos of the morning routine remained generally the same. There were lines in the hallways in front of the various bathrooms, explosions from the kitchen where the hard working chef was concocting breakfast, and alarm clocks going off left and right all over the old house. It was just another average day. Even Gonzo was up early, still jittery from his experience the night before.

“Morning everyone, is it a beautiful day or what?” He exclaimed cheerfully as he entered the dinning room and took his seat at the large table. Happy smiles sprang onto many of the faces in the room as they offered their congratulations for his reunion with his lost family, and their pleasure that he was out of the funk he had recently been in. It wasn’t like the alien to be as moody as he had become in the last few days, and with his reinforced enthusiasm back in full force…everything seemed to have happily gone back to normal.

“Gonzo! Gonzo! Gonzo!”

…Almost everything.

Pepe rolled his eyes from his seat, scrambling out of it to take a peek out the window and observe the mob that was still hanging around outside. “They are getting very annoying, hokay?”

“I was kind of hoping they would have lost interest after what happened at the beach last night, and gone home.” Scooter said as he grabbed a donut from the plate being passed around the table. “All the excitement’s over.”

While the king prawn shook his head in irritation and left the room, the others at the table nodded their heads in agreement with what the teenager had said. Suddenly, much to everyone’s surprise, screams could be heard from outside. Causing the entire boarding house to dash out of their seats and run to the windows, curious to see what was going on.

“Ha, ha!” Floyd laughed when he saw the source of the distress, quickly looking around at the group surrounding him. “Who let Animal out?”

“GROUPIES’! GROUPIES’! GROUPIES’! HAHAHAHA!”

“Not me, hokay!” Pepe declared in a mock defensive tone, chuckling wickedly as he made his way back to his seat and resumed eating his pancakes. “Ah, peace and quiet…”

An explosion was heard from the kitchen, making everyone jump despite being accustomed to the racket the Swedish Chef usually caused.

“You were saying?”

“As peaceful and quiet as this place can possibly be hokay?”

With the distraction from the front yard gone, everyone shifted back into their usual chaos.

“Could someone pass the butter?”

“You want that last donut, or can I take it?”

“Um…what’s that?”

“Cook made it, and I’ve got no idea what it’s supposed to be…”

“I think I saw it blink.”

“Are you gonna poke it with your fork, or should I?”

Gonzo sat back and grinned at the group and their antics, content being there with them. Rizzo was right. He had never really been alone; everyone here was family to him. And yet…

“Good Morning, Everybody!” Kermit hollered cheerfully as he entered the room and took his place at the head of the table. Glancing over at the alien, and smiling brighter at the sight of him. “How are you this morning?”

“I’m great!” The weirdo replied, full of energy, while pushing back the thoughts of his long-lost family. “I’ve got a new act in mind that I can’t wait to try out today at the theater!”

Usually, the frog was hesitant to let his friend try out one of his acts without seeing what it was first. However; after what had happened, he didn’t see the harm in letting his usual caution slide just for today. He still felt a little guilty for his lack of faith in his friend the day before, and wanted to repay him somehow.

“Well, that’s great Gonzo.” The amphibian turned his attention to the others at the table. “Eat up, gang! We’ve got to head out to the theater in an hour for rehearsals.”

Excited chatter continued as food was passed around the group, some finishing and heading up to their rooms to get ready to leave. Some would be heading out to the theater, while others were leaving to go to one of their other jobs. It really did feel like things had gone back to normal.

They couldn’t foresee what would happen later that day…

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Wow, tone shift! So, are we starting a flashback that happens prior to the first post, or is something else going on?

EDIT: Yeah, never mind ... just caught the "24 hours earlier" out the corner of my eye ... sigh ...

Boppity

Reaction score
This is pretty awesome, and I can't wait to know what's really going on :big_grin: Can't wait for more!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Same here, this is great so far. Don't know if I mentioned this on FF.net, (probably did knowing me), but Gonzo is my favorite muppet!
:concern: Plus, seeing those group muppet seens always makes me happy.