A Question about A particular Sesame Street Character

rbendtzen

Reaction score
Hi.

I am posting this topic in this forum instead of the Classic Sesame Street subforum because I'm not sure if this character is among the classic or the new characters.

Anyway, I saw him in a clip on the A&E Biography episode of Sesame Street. The clip is from the then upcoming Hurricane episode, when Big Bird has lost his nest. Alan, Elmo and this particular character are trying to assure Big Bird that everything will be all right and finally end up singing him a lullaby. I can tell you how the character sounds and then maybe you can help me figure out who it is. Thank you, but you won't need to tell me who provided the voice, because I can go look it up on Muppet Wikki.

Anyway, he sounds like he has a speech impediment. He pronounces the letter R like W. Does anyone know? who he is?

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Rob Bendtzen

RyGuy

Reaction score
The Muppet you are asking about is Baby Bear .

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Yeah, this is Baby Bear. He's quite mature. 18 years on the street now.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, this is Baby Bear. He's quite mature. 18 years on the street now.
I never did like him that much when he first was added, he stole too much of the spotlight from Snuffy and Alice IMHO *sigh* He and his sister have all but replaced them now :frown:....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I never did like him that much when he first was added, he stole too much of the spotlight from Snuffy and Alice IMHO *sigh* He and his sister have all but replaced them now :frown:....
I Snuffy is still on the show... There just aren't as many episodes.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Baby Bear to me has always been the equivalent of Scrappy Doo; kinda annoying :batty: