Music video parodies you wish Sesame could have done

BlueAM

Reaction score
I've always loved the music video parodies that SS did in its "classic" years ("Rebel L", "The Letter N", "Kids Just Want To Brush", etc.). I thought it would be nice to come up with an idea of a music video parody that would have worked well during sometime in the '80s. It would be a parody of "Our Lips Are Sealed" by The Go-Go's called "Our Favorite Meal", concerning breakfast/lunch/dinner, and it would be sung by "The No-No's". I imagine Ivy Austin performing the voice of the lead singer.

Here's a sample of the lyrics:

VERSE 1:

Can you guess what
We love the most?
Munchin' on cereal and toast!
Can you see us
Eat fried eggs,
And drink down juice?
Breakfast is such great news!

All the things we crave to eat
At breakfast it is really ne-e-e-eat!
Our favorite meal.

Hope you like it!

Also, what music video parodies do you wish Classic SS could have done?

BlueAM

BlueAM

Reaction score
Just to keep you interested, and to keep this thread going, I thought of another one:

I thought of parodying Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" as "What I Wear At Night", by "Gil Call'ems", which is basically about getting ready to go to bed, perhaps? I always pictured Christopher Cerf performing his voice.

And also a parody of Blondie's "Hanging On The Telephone" as "Hanging Out With Letter "O"", by "Blandie". I think Ivy Austin could've performed the voice of the lead singer of that band, as well.

What do you guys think of these and my Go-Go's spoof?

BlueAM

dwmckim

Reaction score
Okay - not so much a Muppet-y parody but more along the lines of a celebrity cameo...i have LONG awaited the day when Annie Lennox would show up on the street singing about the virtues of "Y" (to the tune of "Why" of course)! Not only would this completely top Melissa Etheridge's fabulous "Like the Letter U", but just the thrill of seeing essentially my top two areas of fandom collide would be the coolest thing since the Debbie Harry episode of the Muppet Show!

BlueAM

Reaction score
Here's another one:

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5" by David Blowie ("TVC15" by David Bowie)

Any other ideas?

BlueAM

StreetScenes

Reaction score
this is such a great thread! but it's hard to think of them unless i'm listening to non-muppet songs, which is less often than i listen to my mup3s...:big_grin:

how about a song about learning to swim at a swimming pool, called I Don't Fear the Deep End, sung by some blue oysters.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Another one:

"Every Day I Ride The Bus" ("Everyday I Write The Book" by Elvis Costello), which could be sung by an Anything Muppet (definitely Chris Cerf again), riding on a bus, and backed by assorted AM passengers.

Possibly like "Forty Blocks From My Home" meets "The Sign Says "Don't Walk"", if you will.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
how about an episode where Telly and Rosita want to play a game with Prairie Dawn, but Prairie is absorbed in an issue of Sesame Geographic magazine and doesn't want to play. then a group of sheep calling themselves BABBAA pop up and sing about how Prairie is a "Reading Queen with her magazine, whoa yeah..." and we see over Prairie's shoulder all the different people, animals, and plants you can read about in Sesame Geographic, perhaps with some other song parodies "water, too. plants need the sun and the water, too"...all of which gets Telly & Rosita interested and they end up reading with Prairie.

Princeton

Reaction score
One that I always thought would be ideal for SS was "Hey You, Get Offa My Cloud": a bale of hay and the letter U sitting on a cloud. Maybe The Cobblestones could've done it .

BlueAM

Reaction score
"The Number One Is A Must" by Keen ("Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen)

BlueAM

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've had an idea for a parody of "Joesph's Coat" for the Amazing Dreamcoat musical, where an AM would recieve a coat with either letters or numbers on it and they would name them during the "It has something and something...." part.