Music video parodies you wish Sesame could have done

BlueAM

Reaction score
Oooh great thread! :big_grin: I like some of your ideas you made up awhile ago like "God Save the 14" by The X Pestles. Instead of "Nooooo....fuuuu-ture for yoooouuuu...." in the chorus, it could be "Theeeee....nuuum-ber four-teeeeenn...."

Some that I've thought of? Let's see...

"I'll Stop the World And Count to Two" by Speaking English ("I Melt With You" by Modern English)

"1234-56789" by Tommy Twocount ("867-5309/Jenny" by Tommy Tutone)

"This Song Is About the Number One" by R.E.N. ("The One I Love" by R.E.M.)

"Should I Stop Or Should I Go?" by The Trash - a song about crossing the street ("Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" by The Clash)

"You Better Count" by Pat Withguitar ("You Better Run" by Pat Benatar)

"I Love the Letter O" by Jane Jetplane and The Black R's ("I Love Rock And Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts)

"Is She Really Going Out Or In?" by Jack Jackson - a song about opposites ("Is She Really Going Out With Him? by Joe Jackson)

"Duckie In the Bathtub" sung by Ernie with How Now Brown and the Moo Wave ("Mirror In the Bathroom" by The English Beat)

"I Wanna Count to 8" by The Marones ("I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones)

"Boys Can Cry" by The Pure - a song about emotions, similar to "Big Kids Cry" I guess ("Boys Don't Cry" by The Cure)

"Counting Down from 10 to 1" by The Violet 10's ("Blister in the Sun" by The Violent Femmes)

"Roxanne (You Don't Have to Go At the Stop Light)" by The Lead Police ("Roxanne" by The Police)

sooooo many more....this is fun! :big_grin:
Those are wonderful! I really wonder how those parodies would look, as I may make drawings of these ideas of yours, so what do you think?

Anyway, here's a new one:

"You Have Eyes" by Ball & Notes ("Private Eyes" by Hall & Oates), about eyes and what they do.

BlueAM

fanofangela89

Reaction score
How about....

Knock Knock Knockin' on 7's Door by 10s N' 20s (Parody of Guns N' Roses Knocking on Heaven's Door)?

fanofangela89

Reaction score
Another GNR Parody Idea...

Don't Lie (Parody of Don't Cry)

About telling the truth obiviously.

Axel and Slash would have been really pleased if the show had the Sesame Street Muppets copying their singing and guitar playing and are exactly like them.

Made up verse:

And please remember... that big kids don't lie. Your parents will still love you... come tomorrow night at supper.

And don't you lie tonight...

Don't you lie tonight. Your parents are coming home from the supermarket any time now baby so don't you lie tonight.

fanofangela89

Reaction score
And one more:

Sweet Child O' Mine becomes...

Sweet Tire O' Mine

about the many uses of a tire.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Some parodies that would've worked in the 70s or 80s, when the audience was older and had parents watching along more often--

• "A-B-C" by the Henson 5, a mixed-gender quintet of AMs with Roosevelt Franklin's coloration and funky outfits (an alphabet-teaching parody of the Jackson 5 song)
  • "One (Is the Very First Number)" by Three Dog Knights...yep, three canine Muppets in shining armor!
  • "This Is My Brother" by a young boy AM soloist...with his mom, new baby brother, and other family members joining the chorus (to ABBA's "He Is Your Brother"; the parody would be about family ties and new babies, but I can't find a good spoof name for the performers)
  • "(The Sign Says) One Way" by Streetwise Mac (to Fleetwood Mac's "Your Own Way")
  • "Undressed for the Tub" by the Duckies, larger Muppetized versions of Ernie's rubber duck singing along with an Anything Muppet boy in the bathtub (about bathing and body parts; to the Eagles' "The Best of My Love"). This would be hard to handle without upsetting some parents though...
  • "Counting to Three's Not Hard" by Meatball (to "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" by Meat Loaf)

ISNorden

Reaction score
"The Number One Is A Must" by Keen ("Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen)

BlueAM
That would've worked when the curriculum advisors decided the number 1 was worth teaching on its own; counting one object by itself seems pointless, but teaching that counting has to start somewhere is a reasonable approach...

"Steve counts kids goin' down the street,
starts the number way down low--
Adds one more as they shuffle their feet
Past the crosswalk, ready to go

Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this
Gonna count along with me?
Over the sidewalk, the children zip...
How many could there be? Well...

The number one is a must
The number one is a must
Gotta start it at one, gotta start it at one
The number one is a must, yeah
One--before you count to two
The number one is a must..."

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Those are wonderful! I really wonder how those parodies would look, as I may make drawings of these ideas of yours, so what do you think?

Anyway, here's a new one:

"You Have Eyes" by Ball & Notes ("Private Eyes" by Hall & Oates), about eyes and what they do.

BlueAM
Sorry for the late reply, but yeah! I would LOVE to see how those drawings turn out, so link me to 'em when/if you get 'em done! :big_grin:

PinballStewie

Reaction score
thought of one!

"Roxanne (You Don't Have to Go At the Stop Light)" by The Lead Police (or perhaps How Now Brown and The Moo Wave?)

Verse 1:

Roxanne you don't have to go at the stop light
The red light's for stopping
And the green light's for going, day and night!
Roxanne, remember when you cross the street tonight
That you should always look both ways
So be sure to look left and to look right
Roxanne, you don't have to go at the stop light

Chorus:

(Roxanne) You don't have to go at the stop light (8x)

Verse 2:

If the walk light has a white man,
Then that means it's all right, man,
To cross the street just how you feel
But if it turns red then be sure to stop!
'Cause if you see a red hand,
Then you can't go ahead, and,
Told you once, I won't tell you again,
Red means "Don't cross!"

(Chorus)

PinballStewie

Reaction score
and one more...

"Adding Case" by Green Guys ("Basket Case" by Green Day)

Verse 1:

Tell your mom and dad
To listen to me add
The numbers one and one and one all at once
One and one is two,
And one more makes three, it's true
And three and one is four, no doubt about it

Chorus:

Well, adding one and two is three
And three and one is four, you see
As the numbers keeping adding up,
I feel like I've had enough