How much does it cost to have someone actually make you a puppet?

Movies205

Reaction score
I want make an orignal puppet but don't think it come out good so does anyone know where and how much it cost for an orignal puppet?(not any of the muppets)

pdbooch

Reaction score
I guess that all depends on size, materials, time it would take to make.
If you wanted say a Kermit size puppet, that could cost roughly $150-$200 dollars. But a puppet like Gonzo, with the amount of sculpting involved, could be much more. The cost could be less ($20 or so) if the puppet you wanted was more of a "toy size," like the old FisherPrice Muppet puppets from the 70's.

That's just my thought on the matter. Hope it helps!

patrick

CB Boy

Reaction score
If you need a custom-made puppet you should maybe talk to Buck Beaver's company because they do that kinda thing. I don't know if they are still building puppets for other people, but if they aren't they can give you the name of someone who can and will give you a good price.

I'm not totally unbiased because I do alot of work on their website, but I think they do pretty spiffy work (they built the moose in my avatar). I think puppets cost anywhere from $100 - $5,000 in Canadian $ depending on what u want.

Their website is located at http://www.omlemedia.com/puppetshop. There's not many samples of their work up right now but you can email them at chractershop@omlemedia.com too.

Movies205

Reaction score
I actually want a pretty simple puppet along the lines of the Cookie Monster... It for my movie something along the lines of the cookie monster is really what I'm looking for...

Luke

Reaction score
You oughta talk to Terry Angus, who was a puppeteer on Fraggle Rock and often posts his Ebay auctions of puppets for sale here.

Luke

Reaction score
Nope, but go to the member directory 'Members' at the top of this page next to 'FAQ' and he is listed as 'Butchcat' - you can email him through that !

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Movies205-

You might also want to check out this post from a few months ago (if you're looking for a Muppet-Style puppet).

I can personally recommend Armslength Productions. They make fantastic hand-and-rod puppets that are very easy to manipulate.

Good Luck!

- Billy :cool:

Movies205

Reaction score
hmm I've look at these sites and none really have what I'm looking for... Which is basically a really simple puppet, a Cookie Monster Style puppet...