New Collectible Kermit Steiff Plush

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Somehow it looks like they tried to make Kermit' face out of the shape of Grover's... Especially that bottom lip. Something for Steiff collectors, but I agree... if you want that sort of thing, the Master Replica is a million times better for the same amount of money.

The Scary thing is, a lot of much better Kermit plushes cost a fraction of a fraction of that. I still am loving that Macy's Kermit from 2002....
That Macy's Kermit was a darn fine frog. I'm still surprised anyone gets the pattern wrong at any price.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That Macy's Kermit was a darn fine frog. I'm still surprised anyone gets the pattern wrong at any price.
Listen, if it's something that's under 3-4 inches, I could understand. a plush that small can't have as much detail, since it all bunches up. But there is no real excuse for him to have Grover's head. And for that price... it's clearly for Steiff collectors only. Or Muppet completists with a boat load of money.

muppet baby

Reaction score
wow i like the master replca a lot better that does look a bit werid . That is so strange that they made this kermit doll look like this and have people pay that amount and u can get master for the same price and master is almost perfect .

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
yeah this is not attractive at all. The red/pink in his mouth sticks out below his "lips"...not a good way to spend your dough.

Camellia

Reaction score
it had potential but the design IS awful :frown:. too bad! Price point is way out of line. who did they make this for? billionaires? Certainly not for Kermit fans!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:crazy: Is anyone wondering what German mohair is made out of? :stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know that the image isnt the final prototype and the head is being changed.