Kudos to www.russwalko.com. Great Puppet!

Blink

Reaction score

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yes, take it from one of Russ' clients, he made me a great otter puppet and will be building four puppets for my puppet troupe in the future (including a full-body mongoose! :eek:) and I am completely happy with his work that he's shown me. And great, affordable puppets! Sometimes even cheaper than some stock puppets. And they are higher-quality at that!

Mister Hoggoth

Reaction score
Yes, take it from one of Russ' clients, he made me a great otter puppet and will be building four puppets for my puppet troupe in the future (including a full-body mongoose! :eek:) and I am completely happy with his work that he's shown me. And great, affordable puppets! Sometimes even cheaper than some stock puppets. And they are higher-quality at that!
I bought my new friend on a whim off ebay, just because he looked so great from the pictures and really at a risk, because I have no idea who Russ was or never seen any of his work in person, so I took a chance and bided right up to the last second for the puppet. I can't go on enough on how well built this puppet is. I'm no way a professional puppeteer, but have always loved the art and really just love playing with this guy.

BTW I don't know Russ from Adam and usually never go out of the way to praise someone's art (never bought anything like this before). It's just nice for once to buy something that is not only a piece of art, but a great fun as well.

davidmartiste

Reaction score
I concur with all that has already been said. I purchased Russ' otter/weasel character. The build was top notch and the price couldn't be beat. I'd definitely purchase from him in the future. I see he's recently updated his site without the puppets with a new site to come but, they are up on a flickr photo stream as well: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33190275@N07/

His green anger monster video on youtube is one of my favorites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Rx60n-htg&feature=channel_page

Mister Hoggoth

Reaction score
I concur with all that has already been said. I purchased Russ' otter/weasel character. The build was top notch and the price couldn't be beat. I'd definitely purchase from him in the future. I see he's recently updated his site without the puppets with a new site to come but, they are up on a flickr photo stream as well: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33190275@N07/
[/url]
I actually talked with Russ this week. Really nice guy. I have asked him to make me another puppet based on his green trunk monster he had pictured on the above link with a few modifications (legs lol!). He said sure of course and quoted me a good price. He is also go to look at a custom puppet design I have been working on. Once again nice honest guy and pretty busy which is good for him.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Ha, I think I have five of the puppets on his flickr page. Wish I had about 10 more. Couldn't agree more with the comments about Russ. Some of my favorite puppets I own are built by him. Great builder, quick shipper and good prices.

shtick

Reaction score
I own a couple of Russ' puppets and I have to agree. Great builder who has the puppeteer in mind when building.