Tween Dora?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I see what they were saying about Romper Room, talking down in a sing songy manner... that's what shows like Dora do. Only instead of just sing songy, they talk LOUDLY AND S L O W L Y so the 2 year olds who won't benefit from anything can understand them.
[/url]
That's why I was saying of the two I would take Romper Room :excited:. I use to watch it (I still love that theme song and the mirror clips), and even though it was talking down to you, it did it in a way that acted like you actually had a brain in your head, and was full of energy like the teachers in a normal pre-school IMHO.

I wasn't saying Romper Room was better than SST, just that I think in the long run it was better than Dora..Since to me the old fashion style of talking down is a level above this new style were everything is so dummed down and dull even a baby would get bored (and they do):embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Since to me the old fashion style of talking down is a level above this new style were everything is so dummed down and dull even a baby would get bored (and they do):embarrassed:
I agree, even the silliest '80s stuff was better than most of the current shows. :wink:

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
I would agree. I think between Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show, is better than just about any shows of today!

Totally agree. In fact, we need to bring BACK Fraggle Rock!

I can dream can't I!:stick_out_tongue:

I agree, even the silliest '80s stuff was better than most of the current shows. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I would agree. I think between Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show, is better than just about any shows of today!

Yup! That's why it upsets me so much when companies say, "Oh those shows are too old for today's kids." Good entertainment is timeless. Kids deserve the best, not just what's new. :wink:

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
That makes me wonder, BESIDES Henson, besides Sesame Street Workshop and all that - are there any Non Profit Puppet companies that just want to teach, educate and such....?

Yup! That's why it upsets me so much when companies say, "Oh those shows are too old for today's kids." Good entertainment is timeless. Kids deserve the best, not just what's new. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well this isn't a company but I admired that Lazy Town show for encouraging exercise and activeness. Plus it could be very funny and not just preachy. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score

I can dream can't I!:stick_out_tongue:
I think we really do need FR back because there are hardly any shows for that age group (even though FR is for everyone, I mean about 8-12 here) or that stick up for kids just being kids:excited:. It is like they go right from pre-school to high school in most of the media's mind now, going by the feeling of shows alone. It gives my inner child a very hollow feeling :cry:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well this isn't a company but I admired that Lazy Town show for encouraging exercise and activeness. Plus it could be very funny and not just preachy. :wink:
For a moment, and for some reason I was thinking about "The Busy World Of Richard Scary". I guess that because they live in "Busy Town" and not Lazy town, lol! Any way, I thought that Busy town was an elelent show, and I also love Author as well!

I'm sorry, but to me the only thing "Dora The Explorer" teachers is for little children to yell at the television screen...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
For a moment, and for some reason I was thinking about "The Busy World Of Richard Scary". I guess that because they live in "Busy Town" and not Lazy town, lol! Any way, I thought that Busy town was an elelent show, and I also love Author as well!

I'm sorry, but to me the only thing "Dora The Explorer" teachers is for little children to yell at the television screen...
OMG I love(d) "The Busy World Of Richard Scary" when it used to be on here! And I love Arthur as well, I am sure you meant Arthur instead of Author.