What if Pixar made a Muppet Movie?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I would like it if it meant that the puppets were still used :smile:. You can make a CGI movie without having to make every part CGI I think :smile:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
The selling point of Pixars work isnt just the style of animation, Its the way they tell a story and develop characters, they could use paper cut outs and tell a fantastic story, so sure bring on the Brad Birds and John Lassaters,Give them the Muppet and reigns and have them film a Live action film with puppets. bring on any great Storyteller thats what the muppets need, enough with Smaking you over the head jokes, and tell a story that is fun, and has funny momenst thats what will bring the muppets back, not the endless Hollywood puns, and insider jokes,
watch any making of for a pixar movie, and tell me what the real focus is, The animation is Fantastic, but its the story that makes the movie.

Tell me why you cant tell a story like that with puppets?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm not really sure. Pixar is really good at what they do, but I'm not fond of animated Muppets (particularly in their style of animation). Perhaps they could WRITE the story for it, though.

CrazyHarryFan

Reaction score
Wow. Wow.... it's like you took the words right out of my mouth! Are you spying on me? haha

I couldn't agree more. I feel like the Muppets have been marginalized and it's a shame that such an amazing world with that many superb characters and such a rich and diverse history can't get better story lines to interest children.

I am absolutely believe that the Muppets could be a MAJOR franchise again if they would only go in a new direction. Whatever has been going on for the last several years is broken. Time to re-imagine what the Muppets can do!

The proof is in the pudding. Star Trek the Next Generation was AMAZING - and everyone thought it was going to fail. Thats just one small and highly unrelated example, but you see what I mean. It's possible to reinvent the Muppets - it's not too late!

Anyway, I know that sounds sacrilege, but really I think it's time for fresh ideas and perspectives. It doesn't have to be trendy, but it most certainly could be relevant again!

-----Chuck:smile:

The selling point of Pixars work isnt just the style of animation, Its the way they tell a story and develop characters, they could use paper cut outs and tell a fantastic story, so sure bring on the Brad Birds and John Lassaters,Give them the Muppet and reigns and have them film a Live action film with puppets. bring on any great Storyteller thats what the muppets need, enough with Smaking you over the head jokes, and tell a story that is fun, and has funny momenst thats what will bring the muppets back, not the endless Hollywood puns, and insider jokes,
watch any making of for a pixar movie, and tell me what the real focus is, The animation is Fantastic, but its the story that makes the movie.

Tell me why you cant tell a story like that with puppets?

Kiki

Reaction score
Some would believe that it would defeat the purpose of The Muppets, however it's a cool topic to think about. I LOVE both Muppets and Pixar! :excited: Perhapes not together though. :wink: But hey, if it ever happened, i'd prolly see it!

Drtooth

Reaction score
IF and only IF the movie utilized digital puppetry. Only then would it even still be muppet or Henson-y....

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
IF and only IF the movie utilized digital puppetry. Only then would it even still be muppet or Henson-y....
how would that make it Muppetey?

so Having a Actor write the script for the next muppet movie makes it muppety?

Muppets are what makes it Muppety, and Great Script, and a Great Story , and a Amzing Director with a vision, is what makes it memorable.

All Digital Puppetry would do is make it look like a Cartoon.