Idea: Muppet Programming Schedule

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking for the last few weeks of an idea for a Muppet block and a few different series. Basically the idea would be to have four new Muppet shows, basically spin-offs, and shown either at the start or end of a two-hour Muppet television block which would also include three episodes of The Muppet Show, and on occassion other productions (for example, maybe after every MUppet Show episode is shown in the block the thrid half hour could be replaced with reruns of The Jim Henson Hour's MuppeTelevision first half hour and Muppets Tonight, and occassionally an hour-long Muppet special. I would think something like this should air on ABC Family, monday to friday

Oh, and on friday nights, the block would include all four new shows during the block, each being the same episodes shown earlier that week.

My ideas for the kind of shows:
  • A Pigs in Space series, in which the Swinetrek crew goes on many adventures on many planets. Other classic characters like Kermit and Gonzo can make occassional appearances in roles. And maybe each episode can be bookened by Andy and Randy watching the show on TV, or the episodes can close with a short "educational" segment with Bunsen and Beaker (much like the closing educational lessons on Back to the Future: the series).
  • A series revolving around Robin and his home life in the swamp, with a moter, father, and brothers and sisters.
  • A reality show parody. I am not sure which character or characters should be the star.
  • A music video countdown show, featuring a variety of Muppets, occassional guest stars, and news reports. Perhaps the host can be Pepe (or Rowlf, or Dr. Teeth, or Floyd..), with The Newsman giving reports on entertainment news, and Janice appearing as a reporter interviewing celebrities and other Muppets. There could be an average of four-to-six music videos per show, some original, some covers. It would have a variety format, include many different characters, and maybe some new musical characters can be introduced.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Creative idea, however, Disney isn't going to use the resources to do that type of stuff with the muppets. Although, they do have the money.