Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
So just got the 2nd issue. Really liked it. Art, writing, everything good. Loved Fozzie's acts, and Vet's Hospital. Had one nagging question for anyone who has read it yet: What room is Rowlf in when Fozzie comes in as a beatnik? When did the Muppet Theater get THAT room? Haha. I guess Pepe tricked Kermit into letting him decorate. Overall, very good book.

Luke

Reaction score
Guys, haven't been around here properly in a long time - can u explain the comics to me? I know there are two issues, a third about to hit. But, whats with all the different covers? I went on ebay to look and there's like 6 different covers for some of these, foil, blank, some with only 500 copies etc etc. I know its to get collectors to buy multiples, but which are the main covers, and i'm taking it the insides of the comic are exactly the same.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Far as I can tell, there are 2 basic covers that are found everywhere, and that aren't collectible varients that are store specific... both covers will be Roger's art... issue one's 2 varients would be: Issue 1 A and B and issue 2 A and B. I do not know which of each is rarer... and the first issue has the same 2 covers, but which one is on front is reversed (as far as I know)...

Amy

Reaction score
Dr Tooth is right.

The 'default' comic has 2 separate covers which all stores sell.
Each issue, however, has at least one different 'retail variant', sold as a ltd edition of 500 by only one store (Ultimate comics, midtown etc).
The holofoil covers are usually convention specials, also ltd to 500. The green-tinted covers were specials done for Emerald City con in Seattle.
Boom also like to do new covers for 2nd printings. This has happened with Incredibles and Muppet Show, so expect to see them for other Muppet and Pixar titles.

HOWEVER - when the comics start moving to newstands (through a separate distribution channel), there will be only ONE cover per comic to avoid confusion. Sensible thing to do, I say.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, The Muppet Newsflash just posted some news info on Muppet Peter Pan. It was said there that Kermit will be Peter Pan, Piggy will be tinkerbell, and Gonzo would be Captain Hook.

Amy

Reaction score
I wish Muppet News Flash would list their source, I want to know who leaked the basic plot.

In other news, according to Boom's website, Robin Hood #1 WILL be out next week, so yay for Armand and Tim!
Also Muppet Show #3 - Gonzo's story.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wish Muppet News Flash would list their source, I want to know who leaked the basic plot.
The Muppet Newsflash somehow gets a lot of inside info on upcoming projects. Some people at tough pigs have pointed out that Greg usually doesn't cite his sources, though they usually end up being reliable.

Amy

Reaction score
The Muppet Newsflash somehow gets a lot of inside info on upcoming projects.
The plot as stated on MNF reads like a press release, so I'm inclined to think they got hold of the Previews solicitation or something.

Amy

Reaction score
Welp.. I dunno if anyone wants to start a Peter Pan thread, but the first two covers are officially solicited in June Previews:
http://www.boom-studios.net/muppet-peter-pan-1-cover-b.html

*grumble* Why am I not credited as artist?...

Here's my cover, anyway. Dave Petersen does the other one.

So that answers your basic casting!