Fraggle Rock Complete Series Question

MarieIsabella

Reaction score
Hi:smirk: everyone:smile:

I've read a lot about the complete series and would just like your options on if it is worth it to buy, plus if the disks are scratched how long does it take to get replacements.

Thanks in advance:smile:

Marie Isabella

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Two of the DVDs in my set were loose and scratched - however, both appear to play fine, so I haven't sent away for replacements. Opening the box and getting the discs can be rather awkward and I have to lay it flat so the plastic covering doesn't fall out.

If you don't have any of the seasons, Amazon has it on sale for an AWESOME price, I say go for it. I got mine for my birthday but had I not, I don't know if I would have bought this simply out of principal (releasing the first three seasons and forcing you to buy the set just to get the last is plain wrong). However, it looks like HIT is losing the rights soon, so at this rate a standalone season 4 might not be out until the movie in 2010 or so, if it comes out at all.

If you did already buy the other seasons and really want this, you could always give away the other seasons and maybe keep the "goodies" that came with them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If you did already buy the other seasons and really want this, you could always give away the other seasons and maybe keep the "goodies" that came with them.
That's what I did, I donated the old season sets and kept the booklets, hehe.

I think the complete set is worth it content wise. But ONLY if you can afford it right now. If not, with the economy and all, it's better to wait in my opinion.

None of my disks were out of the case but it looks like I was just very lucky, heh. So that's another thing to watch out for.

Monster

Reaction score
Half Price

Amazon has it for half price now. I got it and I am very happy! I have SO many things- many things that are not even on the market because I work for Sesame Street and I am blessed with many perks. I really like the complete series of Fraggle Rock... I was not going to get it because I was upset that there was no choice if you wanted the last episodes.

I recommend getting the boxed set from Amazon now at their great price.:insatiable:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Amazon has it for half price now. I got it and I am very happy! I have SO many things- many things that are not even on the market because I work for Sesame Street and I am blessed with many perks. I really like the complete series of Fraggle Rock... I was not going to get it because I was upset that there was no choice if you wanted the last episodes.

I recommend getting the boxed set from Amazon now at their great price.:insatiable:
There is, it is called buying the AUS season 4 boxset :smile:.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
There is, it is called buying the AUS season 4 boxset :smile:.

Indeed, there is that, if you have a DVD player for all regions. But be warned, the Australian season four is missing one episode, so (in my mind anyway) it's incomplete.

I'd say, assuming one can afford it, snap up the series et from Amazon while it's still under $60. I actually plan on buying a second boxset to add to my Fraggle collection while continuing to wear out the first one. :smile:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Indeed, there is that, if you have a DVD player for all regions. But be warned, the Australian season four is missing one episode, so (in my mind anyway) it's incomplete.
Which one is it missing?

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Which one is it missing?
It's missing the episode Sidebottom Blues. There's still 24 episodes in the set, but in place of Sidebottom Blues there's a repeat of Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water (which was the last episode of season 3).

Redsonga

Reaction score

I'd say, assuming one can afford it, snap up the series et from Amazon while it's still under $60. I actually plan on buying a second boxset to add to my Fraggle collection while continuing to wear out the first one. :smile:
Still, it's better than nothing if, like me, you are very attached to your single season sets :excited:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I sold my season sets on eBay without the booklet & photo extras for $20 each to pay for the complete series from Amazon. Worked out great for me cuz now I've got EVERYTHING. :big_grin: I can't afford to donate anything right now, otherwise I would've done that with my old sets in a heartbeat.

None of my discs were scratched at all, even with three of them being loose during shipping. Couldn't be happier, I say go for it!
:excited:
Anthony