Please help - MR Animal bad hair day!

cking

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just received my Master Replicas Animal photo puppet replica. I got a little set of drums to display with him too.
I've read all the comments in the other review threads but even though it's been 3 days since I took him out of the box, his hair is still sticking way out at the sides and it really takes away from the likeness.

Can anyone show me some "before and after" photos with explanations about how you made the improvements? I don't want to cut the hair but would like to know if making the feathers wet by using a water spray bottle will help make it possible to flatten them down at the sides. It looks a little ridiculous at the moment so I'd desperately like to make some adjustments.

Thanks!

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
yes, wet the feathers and keep the hair net on to keep it in place till they dry.

cking

Reaction score
That's encouraging. Thanks!
What's the best way of wetting the feathers (hair) ?

Sorry for being a bit stupid on this but I don't want to do anything which could potentially ruin the feathers.

Chris

yes, wet the feathers and keep the hair net on to keep it in place till they dry.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Be careful when wetting the feathers – you can wet them too much which will make them too thin.

I'd put some water on my fingertips and pull down slightly on the feathers as you pull your fingers through them. I also used a very, very slight bit of hair product on my fingers as well. Someone else mentioned putting him in the bathroom while taking a shower and letting the steam help. Good luck!

muppetguy

Reaction score
You can...

You can also try a hat or a towel. Just place it on top and let it sit for a few days. I didn't need to wet my animals hair at all...why does that sound wrong...LOL:embarrassed:

Nothing too heavy, just enough to way them down.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
You can also use a blow dryer. That's what I did and worked fine.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I turned him upside-down and used a blow dryer also, which worked well for me. Just be careful not to melt any glue, which shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't hold it too close to the top of his head.

:stick_out_tongue:

TML

Reaction score
Hi, I took some light weight hair gel and mixed with water 50/50 and just sprayed it on lightly. Worked like a charm and I haven't had to re-apply ever. :halo:

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Hey Chris, How did you make out with the Animals hair?
I'd love to see pics.
Lynn