My puppet named Ludmila

Melonpool

Reaction score
I love this! I think you have a very nice, very distinctive and well-executed style to your characters and puppetry. I think a lot of us could learn a thing or two from you about how being "professional" isn't always about emulating the Muppets.

MGov

Reaction score
I totally have to echo what Melonpool said. So much effort is spent trying to mimic what has already been done that when something like this comes along, it really stands out. This is brilliant and original. Excellent production values on the video.

SPOILER ALERT if you haven't watched the video yet.

When she turned and started talking to the creature on the staff, I thought, "It would be really cool if the creature talks back." And then he did!

There's an idea about screenwriting that says you really need to come up with two great ideas to write a great script. for instance, MONSTERS INC. started out as "What if the monsters in the closet are real?" But the second great idea was "What if a child goes into the closet and scares the monsters?"

The same here. Ludmila is a great looking, very detailed full and well performed body puppet. Adding in the snake gives her a fuller story. It's a detail that really shows the creativity and effort that went into building her.

Very well done and very well performed.

shtick

Reaction score
Very cool! The style and look has a very old European charm bout it. Well done!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Very creative. So different which is a very good thing!

shtick

Reaction score
I'd love to see the internal structure of this suit puppet.

wouter rikken

Reaction score
Pictures of the inside

Thanks for all your enthusiastic comments

I'd love to see the internal structure of this suit puppet.
I have some pictures of the inside on my website:

http://www.botterikken.nl

Just click on the button marked 'Poppen' (dutch for puppets) then on the button 'Ludmila'. And there you can browse some images of ludmila (by clicking on the arrows) and her insides will be on display.:smirk:

Extra builders info:

The base is an old backpack, the frame is made from aluminum. This makes the frame light weight and makes a perfect flexible spine. The bumps on the back and the shoulders are made from foam. She can be taken apart completely. When i am transporting her she is nothing more than a backpack, two big shopping bags and half a staff. In addition I made a small speaker system to amplify my voice when I'm preforming on a festival.

hennesprod

Reaction score
I could get really detailed about ALL the things I love about this puppet, but I will sum it up with the following....

That is freaking AWESOME!

(insert image of clapping here)
BRAVO!

Regards,

William