What stores will carry the Swedish Chef Playset?

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I knew the Palisades figures weren't selling at our Toys R Us, because for about 3 weeks they had series 2, then they were gone. Luckily I got Gonzo in time, but I didn't get a chance to get Floyd or Fozzie, which I really need. They still however have Kermit, Piggy and The Mayhem Playset, which is next for me! I'm in no Hurry to get Kermit. I've got so many Kermit toys and dolls allready. I did get Piggy however, shes great!

Jake

P.S. I'm counting days until Zoot comes out!!!

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
There is a new member over at the Palisades board who has worked at TRU for several years and suggests that if enough people call or go to their local TRU and ask about when the new Muppet figures atre coming in or if they have them already etc it could help boost the intrest numbers enough for corporate to reconsider buying series four. The key, he said, is to "play dumb" don't let them know that you already know the relese schedule or that TRU isn't going to carry them anymore. You have to be just some enthusiastic Muppet fan looking for the new figures. How many inquiries will it take? Who knows? but according to the TRU guy it's the best course of action and has worked in the past for other toys that were canceled.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hi there folks!
I have disappeared off this forum for awhile, but know I am back... for now. I've become greatly discouraged by the lack of stores here in Canada that are not carrying or having trouble getting series 2 in. My horrors were confirmed today when my local EB apologized finally and told me that my series 2 playset and Gonzo were sent to Alberta ( I live in B.C.) and were on hold for another customer. Apparently the main warehouse goofed. I have pre-ordered these things since Spetember! Anyhow I asked if they would be carrying series 3 and the Manager told me no. Sure I could go to a local comic shop - but they have been known to charge a lot more. Price Sharks! Online ordering is a hassle because of the cost of shipping. My heart is sad, and I am greatly discouraged that two large retail stores have pulled out from selling the figures. I hope that the new retailer is announced soon - perhaps Walmart? Still trying to have hope!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great to see you back bc-fraggle!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Thanks Phill! How are things going there for American collectors?
I suppose TRU is a huge toy retailer in the states as well, so I would think that a few American Collectors would be unhappy just as much as us Canadian folk. When is Toyfair? Also why wait that long to reveal the "new" store that will sell the product? My fear is that it will take Toyfair to convince a new retailer to carry the figures and that one is not locked in yet. Perhaps I am missing something, but like I said I drifted away for awhile. I feel really bad for the folks at Palisades, having to read all our frustrations of losing local stores that will sell their product!
What is going wrong here folks? :eek: