Fraggle Rock Complete Series - Question on Damaged Discs

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
I got the Fraggle Rock complete series during Amazon's sale. After the awesome job Hit did on packaging the other seasons, the packaging on this set was particularly a let down. All of the even numbered discs were loose, but the only scratches on the discs are very minor and some are not scratched at all.
My question to those of you who did have problems did the disc just not play at all or was it in spots. The only reason I'm asking is I've been watching the set with my 2 and a half year old - she loves the show but has a short attention span so it sometimes takes us several days and several viewings to get through a disc.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The only problem I have is a spot on the disc I can't seem to wipe off that makes two episodes unwatchable. They freeze after a certain time, maybe a third of the way in.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Mine were covered in tape that I cant get off without tearing the boxes... lots of the CDs were loose but there doesnt seem to be any severe damage... you should contact Amazon.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Mine seemed fine, it's just they're a pain in the tuckus to get out.

RowlfRulez

Reaction score
What I like to do when I buy dvds is to put the disc in and fast foward through the disc. This is a quick way to check if the disc is defective because it will stop and freeze if there is a problem.

I returned my Fraggle Rock set to Amazon because about three discs where scratched. They sent me a replacement and I could hear the discs where lose in this set too, but luckily none of them where scratched. Now this was the new complete series packaging which was suppose to be an improvement over the old design but it's not. I just got lucky with this one. They need to go back to the drawing board again with their cases. It really shouldn't be this hard for them, but for some reason it is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The problem IS shipping. Things get banged and bumped and batted around. Thankfully, the few times that the DVD's DID fall off of the package spindle for me, they weren't damaged.

And yet, sometimes I buy a perfectly good disk at a store... didn't fall out of the spindle at all, but was scratched like a cat got at it.

muppet baby

Reaction score
The problem IS shipping. Things get banged and bumped and batted around. Thankfully, the few times that the DVD's DID fall off of the package spindle for me, they weren't damaged.

And yet, sometimes I buy a perfectly good disk at a store... didn't fall out of the spindle at all, but was scratched like a cat got at it.
That has happened to me on several times , seveal differant things