Couldn't Kermit be the face of all of the Muppets ?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Yes, I know that the frog is own by Disney, but he was the first muppet that Jim ever created, so shouldn't he get a special deal, making him the face of all of Jim Henson property, besides the Muppets ?

What I mean is couldn't Kermit be the face for all of the Muppet Property, included Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock ?

What do you all think of this thought ?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Kermit is the face of the Muppets, but cant be the face of the other shows because technically they are not Muppets and Jim Henson Company and Sesame Workshop can no longer use Kermit.

EmMonster

Reaction score
Kermit is the face of the Muppets, but cant be the face of the other shows because technically they are not Muppets and Jim Henson Company and Sesame Workshop can no longer use Kermit.
Which is lame, if you ask me. Does this mean that we wouldn't be able to even do a muppetfest convention-like thing again (because it involved Sesame Street and Muppet Muppets)? I was too young during the first one.

Luke

Reaction score
Which is lame, if you ask me. Does this mean that we wouldn't be able to even do a muppetfest convention-like thing again (because it involved Sesame Street and Muppet Muppets)? I was too young during the first one.
There are Muppets in the Henson Fantastic World exhibit, it all really depends on good relationships between Henson and Disney as to what can and can't be done at any time. Nothings impossible, its just now more difficult!

Kermit being the "face" of Henson & Disney & Sesame now though just wouldn't work because, although he'll always be a creation of Jim Henson, he is now a Disney brand and Disney want people to identify him with them (and not anyone else) and the same for the other companies who want their own characters to represent them.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I personally associate Kermit with The Muppet Show and its dirrect spin offs. While they are all Muppets, I just don't associate Kermit with Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock* in the same way I associate him with The Muppet Show. For example, when I see Kermit's face on a shirt, I am more likely to think Muppet Show than Sesame Street unless there is something else to prompt me to think of a Sesame Street connection.

* Does Kermit have ANYTHING to do with Fraggle Rock?

muppetperson

Reaction score
There are Muppets in the Henson Fantastic World exhibit, it all really depends on good relationships between Henson and Disney as to what can and can't be done at any time. Nothings impossible, its just now more difficult!

Kermit being the "face" of Henson & Disney & Sesame now though just wouldn't work because, although he'll always be a creation of Jim Henson, he is now a Disney brand and Disney want people to identify him with them (and not anyone else) and the same for the other companies who want their own characters to represent them.
Which is why Disney have taken away Jim Henson's signature that used to be above the logo on attractions and products.

Luke

Reaction score
Which is why Disney have taken away Jim Henson's signature that used to be above the logo on attractions and products.
A great shame ... i think there should be some kind of historical link back to Jim Henson in some form, but i can see how it would be confusing right in the logos. At least they aren't using "Disneys Muppets" which could almost be like implying that actually created the characters rather than just owned them.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Kermit

:smile:Makes you wonder why then does The Jim Henson Compnay still have the Kermit/Charlie Chaplin outside their own studios. To many, this would mislead that they still own and control the Muppets.

Brian

muppetperson

Reaction score
:smile:Makes you wonder why then does The Jim Henson Compnay still have the Kermit/Charlie Chaplin outside their own studios. To many, this would mislead that they still own and control the Muppets.

Brian
True. Maybe they should remove it and relocate it to Disneyland and the Jim Henson Company could get another of their characters to take off Charlie Chaplain.I wonder, which of the current JHC characters, would make a good Charlie chaplain? Maybe Hoggle, or Gobo Fraggle or maybe even Jim Henson himself.