Entire Fraggle Five on Ebay!

Nick22

Reaction score
might be the next thing up on my list :big_grin:

rickly

Reaction score
SHOULD be removed. A blatant copyright infringement. Like the Kermits and Robins this "Puppetmancan" also sells. Unethical and just plain illegal. He is not selling off bits of his own personal collection, or things that sort of vaguely look like Fraggles - he is selling rip-offs of someone else's intellectual property for a profit. Shame on him! I know he posts around here, so if you're lurking and see this, Puppetmancan, shame on you! Make and sell your own puppets! You clearly have skills.

Rick

rtgentry

Reaction score
Hmm, I wish people would take the plank out of their eye before they point out the speck in another's. Does that go for "BUYING" as well? :concern:

MGov

Reaction score
Personally, I just want to be consistent. I've worked hard on my puppets, my writing, shorts and features, and I don't want anyone taking any credit or monetary gain that they don't deserve for the time and work I've put into it all. I'm a firm believer in respecting other people's intellectual property rights. I guess I don't understand people that think there are "levels" that are okay to take advantage of other people's work for their own gain.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's just hard for me to be upset about some of these wonderful pieces even though I know it's not really right to be profiting from them. They aren't being mass produced and Henson & Muppet properties have a history of being light on licensed merchandise. That seems to be changing now.

If someone told me I could have an authentic-looking Scooter puppet for a couple hundred dollars it would be hard for me to pass up. I find these kinds of items to be specific to a buyer and usually not in competition with anything available on the market. Some of them appear to be quality made.

In the end, no. It isn't right. It's just hard for me not to be delighted to see this stuff out there. However, if this were my intellectual property I would likely feel much different. And that's the point I guess.

(Still, this stuff is awesome!)

Melonpool

Reaction score
I'll start worrying about repecting intellectual property as far as these reproductions go when I stop hearing every puppeteer on the Internet doing the "Look! There are people under us" gag.

If that isn't stealing the Muppet's intellectual property, I don't know what is. I don't care that no one's making money off of it -- do your own gags!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'll start worrying about repecting intellectual property as far as these reproductions go when I stop hearing every puppeteer on the Internet doing the "Look! There are people under us" gag.
Ha, ha. :smile:

That really is an overused gag, although puppeteers were probably doing some version of it long before the Muppets.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
honestly if i saw a production THEN i can see where the wrong is... but when a fan wants one as a collection piece... i can't see where its wrong because, as an artist, it shows devotion.

I honestly dont know this, so dont hold it against me.. but i dont think that the muppeteers make money from EVERY thing that is made with their character.

but i dont wanna get into this again