Steve's Muppets: A Recipe for Pain?

Nick22

Reaction score
i didnt know either, but i kinda assumed he would, since he's taken over most of jim's other characters.

MWoO

Reaction score
Kermit's never been hit as much as when Jim had him.. .Beaker...well.... Flash! Flash hasn't been beaten! Yeah! Erm... Mr. Poodle Pants? .... Lips got hit once... But he was standing behind a door Doc was trying to get through, does that count? Ernie hasn't been hit at all...
Flash was chased and trampled by a gang of girls in an episode of the Jim Henson Hour.

I think Steve just liked to do physical comedy with his characters and lets face it, that means getting beat up.

Rax

Reaction score
Other than the fact SS rarely features hitting, having Ernie get hit with anything is like having anvils fall on the Road Runner. Ernie is the instigator, and has been since his inception. Comedically speaking, it just couldn't work.
Have you seen the classic bit where the Count sleeps over? Not that Ernie got hit, but Ernie got served well. Very funny to know that Ernie now knows what it feels like to be kept awake all night.

EDIT: Found the bits. Click here.

i didnt know either, but i kinda assumed he would, since he's taken over most of jim's other characters.
I'm not sure, but I think Bill Barretta took over most of his characters.

BTW, who's puppeteering the Newsman in the skits on Muppets.com? I thought I heard Barretta's voice as well.

Gr, Rax

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The Newsman is being done by Steve, and even though one person said that Steve was not doing the Newsman well, I think that he is doing a wonderful job. The little skits are funny, and showing a diffrent side to the Newsman.

On a side note i think it's almost split between Bill and Steve doing Jim's Muppets.

Rax

Reaction score
So it's Steve? Thanks for clearing that up.
I can't see what's wrong about his Newsman. I think he does those Muppets.com skits very well.

Gr, Rax

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I commented on this before, but Steve's Kermit has always been a lot more adolescent (in behavior) than Jim's Kermit. With Jim, you could always count on being broadsided at unexpected moments with emotional depth--even in simple things like Kermit singing "It's not easy being green." This shows up most in Kermit's relationship with Piggy. With Steve, Kermit's ambivalence looks a lot more like Kermit's is simply out of his depth in a real relationship. Jim's Kermit and his on-again-off-again relationship had a much more adult element--Kermit's desire for Piggy's companionship played against the myriad ways she could (and did) complicate his life.

Elmo The Second

Reaction score
The Newsman is being done by Steve, and even though one person said that Steve was not doing the Newsman well, I think that he is doing a wonderful job. The little skits are funny, and showing a diffrent side to the Newsman.

On a side note i think it's almost split between Bill and Steve doing Jim's Muppets.
Im sorry, it's just that I'm really into the way Jim did it. Sorry for being rude:sympathy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Rizzo... well, Rizzo and Bean seem to be the small and cute characters respectively. And when it comes to slapstick, someone smaller and cuter (annoyingly so, not heart warmingly so) getting it is actually funnier than someone big and tall and ugly getting it.
Am I the only one who never found Bean's cuteness annoying?:sympathy: I guess I never 'got' the joke because I didn't care for how he was always looked down on, even if he did like to talk about himself... :coy:.

The hitting is not really an issue to me since all muppets live with pain in a way and it is not like they don't heal fast:excited:.
My favorite gag in fact has always been the waxed/icy floor gag. It never gets old :3.