Drusilla

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's coming across as more natural than other versions I've read here. *Must get a copy of Gideon's novel, and more of this story too.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Kermit will be rereading Gideon's novel and maybe a few of his other books too. Working on chapter ten now.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Chapter ten

Robin watched in amazement as Drusilla painted a picture of the ferry without having to draw it first. Drusilla was painting with ole paints on canvas.
She didn’t say word while she painted and Robin was starting to wish that Drusilla would pay him some attention. Kimmy always paid attention to him. He didn’t think Drusilla was ignoring him on purpose, he remember what his uncle had said about Drusilla having trouble talking so maybe she wanted to talk, but couldn’t, well he could talk and was.

“You know,” Robin said. “Didn’t get to tell you about me yet.”

No reply.

“I’m five years old and in the first grade,” he said proudly. “Not only that, but I’m also in the Frog Scouts and I have more badges then anyone in my trope!” he said with even more pride.

Drusilla just kept painting. Robin crossed his arms maybe she was ignoring him. He sighed, there was nothing for him to do in her room except watch TV and he really didn’t want to go near the Hello Kitty TV.
“Do you like to sing and dance?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” Drusilla answered without looking at him.

So she wasn’t ignoring him after all. Her answerer surprised though.
“How could you not know if you like to sing or dance?”

“Papa liked me to sing. Papa liked me to sing,” she repeated softly.

“Oh,” Robin said not knowing what else to say. “What about dancing?”

“I used to dance, but I…got…broad...with it.”

“I don’t dance that much, but I do sing a lot. I’ve been in lots of numbers in the Muppet Show. In fact,” he said feeling very boastful. “I’ve even had solo numbers. And I’ve had my own TV special and co-stared in a movie.”

Robin waited her Drusilla to say something, but she said nothing. Kimmy had made a big fuss over him when told her what he had just told Drusilla.
“Well?” Robin said expectantly. “Is isn’t that something? You’ve met three movie and TV stars! My Uncle, Miss Piggy, and myself.”

“I don’t know.”

“Well what do you know?” Robin asked in annoyance.

“I know how to draw and paint.”

Robin was at the point of pulling out his hair if he had any.
“You know we’re supposed to playing together,” he said.

“Playing together,” Drusilla repeated.

“Yes,” Robin said annoyed.

“Uh,” Drusilla said getting up. She walked over to her toy shelf and pulled out the Pretty, Pretty Princess game and showed it to Robin.

“Oh no!” he said running out of her room and down the stairs. “I won’t do it Uncle Kermit! I won’t!”

“Do what?” Kermit asked him.

“I won’t play Pretty, Pretty Princess!”

“What?” Kermit asked.

“It’s Drusilla’s favorite game,” Piggy said.

“Robin,” Kermit said sternly.

“Uncle Kermit, even I have self respected and I refuses to play any girly game!”

“Well then maybe you and Drusilla can find something else to play,” Kermit said.

‘Drusilla always did have trouble playing with other children. Poor little dear,’ Gideon recalled.

“I know what I you can do,” Piggy said. “You can put together a puzzle.”

“Ok,” said Robin. “I like puzzles.”

“Gideon keeps-Gideon kept the puzzles down here,” Piggy said showing him where the puzzles where. “You pick one out and I’ll get Drusilla.”

“All of these puzzles are girly too!” Robin complained once Piggy had gone up stairs. All the puzzles he had looked at ether had unicorns, fairies, castles, or princess on them.

“What about this one?” Kermit said picking up a puzzle box that had a white dragon sitting on rocks on the cover.

“That’s not girly at all, but…”

“But what?”

“It looks kind of hard.”

“Well how about if Miss Piggy and I work on the puzzle with you two?”

“Really?” Robin asked happily. “With you two helping us it should be easy!”

“Did you and Drusilla talk while you were upstairs?”
“Well I did, but Drusilla’s not very talkative.”

“That’s why we have to help her Robin, we have to get her to talk more.”

“How come?”

“Because she has trouble talking and Piggy worried that because her father passed away she might not to talk at all.”

“She’s hard to talk too though,” Robin told him. “Most of the time she’d answerer with ‘I don’t know’ whenever asked her a question.”

"I think she's just a little confused right now," Kermit told him.

*Sorry about the chapter being short again, but since it's been so long since post something I thought a short update is better then i now update at all. Again I hope this chapter was enjoyable and I do hope Robin was in character.*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! Thank you for the update AC. Most enjoyable and I hope we get another one soon... *Leaves hot chocolate. 8D

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Glad you liked it! I'm going to try to update more, I've been super busy! *Takes hot chocolate*

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Chapter eleven

Once Piggy reached the top of the stairs she paused and took a deep breath. She had almost broke down and cried. She was not going to cry! After smoothing out imaginary wrinkles on her dress to calm herself down she went to Drusilla’s room. The little girl-piglet had her game back in it’s proper place and was back to painting.

“Drusilla,” Piggy said gently. The little girl-piglet didn’t acknowledge her. “Come on downstairs Robin wants to do puzzle with you. Come a along now,” Piggy said taking her hoof she lead her downstairs.

“We picked out a puzzle!” Robin said showing it them.

“I told Robin we’d help him and Drusilla put the puzzle together since it’s a little hard,” Kermit said.

“How fun,” Piggy said. “Drusilla, why don’t show Kermit and Robin were to put the puzzle together?”

Drusilla just stood there.
“Ok,” said Piggy. “I’ll show the way,”
Piggy lead them to what Kermit assumed was the den. There was a table that was long and wide prefect for puzzles. Piggy and Kermit got to extra chairs that were against the wall and brought them over to the able.

“Let’s get started!” Robin said once they all had sat down.

As Kermit took some pieces out of the box and put them on table Drusilla made a noise it was sort of a nasal sounding grunt. To Kermit and Robin it sounded like the noise Gaffer made when being gently pushed of a chair or table.

“What’s wrong Drusilla?” Piggy asked.
Instead of answering her Drusilla reached over and swept the puzzle pieces into her hoof and then put them back the box and then she very carefully picked up an edge piece in the small space in her hoof. While Kermit and Robin were both confused by her first actions, watching her did answerer a question they both were wondering how Drusilla could pick up a puzzle pieces without having fingers.

“Oh you’re following one of your father silly puzzle rules,” Piggy said.

“Puzzles rules?” said Robin. “What kind of rules?”

“Rule number one when doing a puzzle always start with the frame,” Piggy told them.

“Why?” asked Robin.

“Something about once you got the frame done you’ll be able to tell how long and wide the puzzle is.”

“That does make it easier,” Robin said taking out some more edge pieces. “What are the other rules?”

“Watch Waldo very carefully if you doing a puzzle with him.”

“Who’s Waldo?” Kermit asked.

“Gideon’s other brother.”

“How come you had to watch him very carefully?” asked Robin.

“He always tried to bite the puzzle pieces.”

“He what?” cried both Kermit and Robin.

“He’d always try to bite the puzzle pieces.”

“Why?” Robin asked.

“He like biting cardboard.”

“That sounds like something Gonzo would like,” Kermit said.

“Yeah,” said Robin. “He’d probably want to eat the cardboard too.”

Drusilla had been quietly working on the puzzle. She hadn’t made any more noise since everyone was working on the fame of the puzzle. Kermit shook his head it just didn’t seem right for a child to be so quite. She didn’t even seem interested in the conversation about her uncle. He wasn’t sure if it had her having PDD or because of her father’s death, maybe it was both.

Silence had fallen over the group again it strange, the Muppet boardinghouse was always noisy even when it was quite you always hear the distant sound of someone snoring at night, but Drusilla house was too quite. Clearing his throat, Kermit asked,

“So Drusilla, what else do you like to do besides draw and paint?”
No reply.

“See I told you,” Robin said.

“Drusilla,” Piggy said gently touching her shoulder. “Kermit wants to know what you like to do?”

“I like to read,” Drusilla said without looking up.

“What do you like read?” Kermit asked her.

“Books,” Drusilla answered

Robin giggled and Kermit was reminded of how Gonzo was when he first met him.

“Tell Kermit what your favorite books are,” Piggy told her.

“The Secret… Garden and Winnie…The…Pooh and Rag-ged-y Ann.”

“Oh, Robin likes reading Winnie The Pooh don’t Robin?” Kermit said.

“Oh sure.”

“You know, I bet you two have a lot of things in common,” Kermit said.

Robin wasn’t so sure, but he didn’t say anything after all he had just Drusilla. He looked over at her, she was busy trying to fit pieces of the puzzle together. Drusilla was like a puzzle Robin deiced.

“Gideon loved puzzles,” Piggy said out of the blue somewhat wistfully.

“Oh really?” said Kermit.

“I remember on rainy days when there was nothing to do we’d work on one of his jigsaw on an old table in the barn. Sometimes my brothers and sisters would work on the puzzle with us even Horatio helped sometimes. But moi always liked it best when it just the two of us,” she said with a far away look in her eyes that made Kermit feel slightly jealous.

I liked it when it just the two us too,’ Gideon thought watching them from across the room.

“So Gideon and his brothers lived close by to you?” Kermit asked wanted to hear more about Piggy childhood. Piggy rarely spoke about her childhood and when she did Kermit was never sure if was telling the truth or just making something up.

“They lived in the barn.”

“On your farm?” asked Kermit.

“Yes they worked on the farm.”

“What was it like living on a farm?” Robin asked.

“Well um,” Piggy began to say clearly uncomfortable. “It was like *ding dong* oh the door bell!” Piggy said quickly getting up. “Moi better go answer it!”

Piggy had never been so happy to hear a doorbell in her life as she was now; talking about living on the farm was last thing she wanted to talk about! Opening the door she was a gray anthropomorphic Persian cat in a business suit. He was the fattest and fluffiest cat Piggy had ever seen.

“Miss Piggy Lee?” he asked.

“Yes?”

“I’m Purrie Meowson.”

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Hey everyone just letting you know that I will be updating again . Sorry that it's taken me so long.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's great news. Please post when you can.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Chapter twelve

As soon as he said his name, loud film nor style jazz music sounded
“My cell phone excuse me,” he said answering it.

“Meowson here….I see…No I can’t represent him right now…recommend Benji Maddog to him…hopefully he can represent him...Goodbye. Sorry about that,” he said after he got off his cell phone. “As I was saying I’m Purrie Meowson, Gideon’s lawyer.”

“Oh yes of course, please come in,” Piggy said stepping aside so he could enter the house and leading him into the living room.

“I arrived on the afternoon ferry,” he told.

“Have you located Horatio yet?”

“No, but I have my best duck Paul Drake looking for him.”

“Ok,” Piggy said slowly.

“I have some important things to discuss with you Miss Piggy, regarding the legal guardianship of Drusilla and Gideon’s will.”

“Please sit down,” Piggy said feeling overwhelmed again. She couldn’t understand what was wrong with her, she was usually so in control. She needed Kermit to site with her. “Would you excuse me for moment.”

“Of course.”

Piggy walked back into the den.
“Kermie,” Piggy said quietly. “Gideon’s lawyer Mr. Meowson is here.”
Kermit got up without asking if Piggy wanted him to come with her. Somehow he just knew she needed him.

“You two stay here and work on the puzzle,” Kermit told them.

“Ok Uncle Kermit,” Robin said.

“Mr. Meowson, I’d like you to meet Kermit The Frog.”
After exchanging greeting with Kermit, Mr. Meowson got down to business.

“Gideon left instructions for his will to be read here in the house the day after his funeral. He also named you Miss Piggy as the executrices of the will.”

“Gideon named me the what?” Piggy asked.

“Executrices is the female form of executor,” Mr. Meowson continued. “What that means is, it will be your job to carry out any and all directions of the will.”

“Which would be?” Piggy asked.

“The disbursement of property to the beneficiaries as designated in the will, obtaining information about any other potential heirs, collecting and arranging for payment of debts of the estate and approving or disapproving creditors claims. Also make sure estate taxes are calculated, necessary forms are filed and tax payments made, and in all ways assists the attorney, that would be me, for the estate. Also you make all donations as left in bequests to charitable and other organizations as directed in the will. You hold the legal title to the estate property, but you may not use the property for your own benefit unless expressly permitted by the terms of the will. Do you understand all that?”

“Of course,” Piggy said.

“Now to the guardianship of the child. Drusilla is what’s known as a person in need of supervision or PINS. Since she is a juvenile who is not currently in the household of a parent or legal guardian. What has to be done is to get a judge to appoint you as Drusilla’s guardian ad litem until Drusilla’s uncle Horatio can be located. I’ll contact the local judge and get an appointment as soon as possible.”

“Thank you,” said Piggy.

“What exactly is a guardian ad litem?” Kermit asked.

“A guardian ad litem is charged to represent the best interests of the minor child.”

“Oh,” said Kermit.

“Before I go I’d meet the child.”

“Of course I’ll go get her,” Miss Piggy said getting up and leaving the room.

Robin and Drusilla had continued to put the puzzle together. Drusilla hadn’t said a word since Piggy and Kermit left. Robin sighed wishing he were at Kimmy’s birthday party. He was board so very, very board. He looked over at Drusilla she was putting the puzzle pieces together with ease.

“You’re really good at puzzles,” Robin said to her.

“Not really,” Drusilla said. “I just…remember…where the…the pieces go.”

“But the pieces are so small how can you remember?”

“I just can.”

Piggy came in the room then.
“Drusilla, Mr. Meowson wants to see you,” Piggy said helping off the chair.

“Can I come too?” Robin asked not wanting to be left out.

“Of course you can.”

Piggy lead both Robin and Drusilla to the living room.
“Mr. Mewoson, this Kermit’s nephew Robin.”

“Hello,” said Robin.

“Hello young frog,” said Mr. Meowson.

“Drusilla, say hello to Mr. Meowson,” Piggy told her.

“Hello, Sir,” Drusilla said in the same tone that she had greeted Kermit in.

‘Well at least it’s not me,’ Kermit thought.

“Hello Drusilla, do you remember me?” Mr. Meowson asked.

“Yes.”

“I’m sorry about your father and I’m doing everything I can to find your uncle Horatio,” Mr. Meowson told her gently.

“He’s far, far away,” Drusilla told him before walking away.

*Well here's another chapter. Hoped you all like it. Sorry if there are any mistakes. Would anyone be interested if I posted a character profile of Drusilla here between updates?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, go ahead... Is your thread/story after all.
BTW: Very good chapter what with the explanation of Piggy's duties as executress. Post more when possible. :smile: