Muppet Vision 3D question

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this question has been asked here before, but I can't find it if it has.

I remember reading that Muppet Vision 3D was not complete at the time of Jim Henson's passing. My question is, what parts were done after his passing? I assume that the theater/queue wasn't complete, and I don't recall any of Jim's characters being in the preshow. Was the main attraction completed before he passed away?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have not heard this. I thought Jim was actually rather instrumental about the theater, but I could be wrong. I did hear though that at the time, Richard was very ill, and very few of his characters appear in the show, so he did a lot of the pre-show with Scooter hosting.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I read this in Jim Henson: The Works on page 225.The quote said "... the movie was almost complete at the time of his death."

I guess it could be they have their facts wrong and I'm just reading too much into the quote, but the attraction didn't open until about a year after his passing, I think.

AAO

Reaction score
Hey guys! so, Jim did pass after the filming of the actual filming of the MAIN ATTRACTION. They filmed the main sequences which are all the 3D as well as voiced Waldorf for the animatronic. But it's been said to me at Disney that the pre-show is completely without Jim due to him passing away. There are mentions of Kermit within the preshow saying "he's in the theater getting ready." Because not even Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Link or any others of Jim's are in the preshow. Where as the old Preshow to HERE COME THE MUPPETS which was in the MERMAID theater at Studios - featured Rowlf playing the piano with Sam commentating throughout. Very funny!

Muppet Vision 3D opened exactly a year after Jim passed away. Along with that the live show "Muppets on Location: Days of Swine and Roses" played behind the Muppet 3D theater - which featured Steve Whitmire as Kermit.

In the preshow of Muppet 3D - there is a picture of the Jim Henson puppet hanging above among the other wild muppet props. Little tribute to him. :smile:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey guys! so, Jim did pass after the filming of the actual filming of the MAIN ATTRACTION. They filmed the main sequences which are all the 3D as well as voiced Waldorf for the animatronic. But it's been said to me at Disney that the pre-show is completely without Jim due to him passing away. There are mentions of Kermit within the preshow saying "he's in the theater getting ready." Because not even Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Link or any others of Jim's are in the preshow. Where as the old Preshow to HERE COME THE MUPPETS which was in the MERMAID theater at Studios - featured Rowlf playing the piano with Sam commentating throughout. Very funny!

Muppet Vision 3D opened exactly a year after Jim passed away. Along with that the live show "Muppets on Location: Days of Swine and Roses" played behind the Muppet 3D theater - which featured Steve Whitmire as Kermit.

In the preshow of Muppet 3D - there is a picture of the Jim Henson puppet hanging above among the other wild muppet props. Little tribute to him. :smile:

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking that the preshow was done after Jim's passing as (like you said) none of his characters are in it. I wonder how much of the theater design and the props in the preshow area and the design of the outside of the building Jim oversaw. I'm sure it was mostly out of his hands anyway, but I do wonder about it.

I always thought the Jim puppet was a nice tribute.

greenth1ng

Reaction score
I have another question about the preshow at California's version:

DOES ANYONE KNOW ALL THE SAYINGS ON THE TIME CLOCK IN THE FRONT OF THE ROOM? I AM GOING BONKERS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT EACH SAYING IS! If anyone knows what each saying is, please post it here. Thanks.

AAO

Reaction score
funny ... I think they change frequently... that was something i was told and to the other post about Jim's oversee of the props etc... Once Disney has their creative input... it pretty much goes for what they see production wise... Altho they do turn to creative person in charge, but mostly Disney gets final say nowadays... Althou back then it was a bit like that...

muppetfan1999

Reaction score
Well it says somewhere on toughpigs that one of waldorf's lines is not done by Jim Henson.

AAO

Reaction score
apparently it's this sequence...

STATLER: Oh! OW!
WALDORF: Enjoying the fireworks?
STATLER: No! Your chair's on my foot!
WALDORF: Sorry.

The "Sorry" is apparently not Jim's... But it is... it's just very faiint and on the audio track you can tell it's Jim's.