eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hey, Bryan!
Are the posers going to come with a stand(if they dont stand by themselves) and a numbered plaque and COA?

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
OH VERY good question! We hadn't thought of that at all yet!

Very Very happy with Bryan's post. Concise, to the point, and gave good info.

Maybe we should start posting direct questions for Bryan in bold as we did for Travis? Anyone agree?

KK

Bring on Da...

Luke

Reaction score
wait....under kermit trench coat? does this mean what i think it means?
... i think it does! :coy:

I'm quite happy about that actually, its logical there is a Kermit available to buy for newcomers (and the MR one is not) and the reporter look is brill. Not selling the clothes seperately will probably help them a bit sales wise, i guess its just down to how many of the people into the posers will buy another one as well.

As for questions in bold, think you should get the go first from the man himself Kevster but .. Bring on da .. erm Rat! :embarrassed:

*looks for somewhere to stick a 2nd Kermit ... might get to the point where i have these things sitting on the toilet .. oh boy*

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Great explanation from Bryan there. I would guess that the clothes would actually be removable with a small amount of unstitching but keep that under your hat! :stick_out_tongue: Also, exciting news that the frog will be making a new appearance. I wonder how he will compare to the MR replica. It'll be nice to get 'em side by side.

Taylor

Reaction score
This clothing issue is disappointing but i can learn to live with it for the sake of my muppets. in the case of fozzie i dont mind his necktie being attached but what about his hat? id really like to be able to pose him holding his hat in his hand like we've seen him do in various photos and movies.

Telly

Reaction score
Bryan's becoming my new favorite person! I love how he actually comes into the forum and lets us know what's up! Reminds me of the Palisades days! :big_grin:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Hey, Bryan!
Are the posers going to come with a stand(if they dont stand by themselves) and a numbered plaque and COA?
Good question.
Hey Bryan!
What sort of pricing range are you looking to sell the poser for?
Did you think the MR posers were fairly priced?

IMO Animal was pretty inexpensive for what he is,
Is anyone expecting Piggy to be around £200 or whatever it is now in $.

Telly

Reaction score
I hope Pepe gets treated with the blue hoodie over the green shirt outfit. I don't care for the black turtle neck with the gold chain.

eFX

Reaction score
Each poser will come with a COA and numbered plaque. And, as Muppetperson has already informed you, the edition size is anticipated to be no more than 1,000 pieces of each muppet. This ensures that your purchase it truly limited and collectible.

We have not made any decisions about a stand yet. I will update you when we have more information.

And then the most difficult question of all is the price points. Unfortunately, this is a very complex issue. Prices in Asia have skyrocketed in the last year. Also, since we are limiting the edition size to a much smaller number than MR, the unit costs go up, not only in the production, but the amortization of the development and tooling costs. Another major cost is the minimum order quantity of the fabrics. We have to purchase a large quantity of fabric to get it dyed the correct color. This quantity is usually significantly more than what is needed for production. Unfortunately, in mass production, there is no "fabric warehouse" you can go and purchase off the shelf materials. Everything is custom. Also, due to the tough economy, even if we wanted to make a larger edition size to reduce the unit cost, a larger quantity may not sell through, thus leaving a significant inventory. As many of you know, that is not a very wise thing to do. Carrying inventory is very expensive. I am sure that you do not want to see the same poser on sale for half of what you paid for it when it was first released.

So, to answer (or not answer) that question, we do not know the prices yet. As you can see it is a complex balancing act!